Scenarios that need Board 77?

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curiously, the scenario archive Advance Search Featuring Map: menu omits 77

Nor is there a board 77 on the Texas ASL site, nor on the MMP product page for boards.

Has the board been published yet? Evidence suggests No.

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
This wuz brought up here and discussed months, if not years ago. Don't recall the background of why it got skipped, but there are plans to publish it in a future Journal (?).

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Board 77 is in the Supplemental Map Pack. I am not aware of any scenarios using it, however. As noted above, it is supposed to be included in an upcoming Journal.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the plan always was to publish it in J13, but no one anticipated at the time that the Journal would be delayed as long as it has been. Fully anticipate that some scenarios in the Journal will use it, but due to its limited availability, I'm not aware of any non-MMP scenarios that have used it thus far. There's pictures of the board that have been posted on-line (see post 15 in this thread ASL Board 77 | GameSquad Forums), so folks can see what it looks like if they don't have the Supplemental Map Pack.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Board 77 is not listed in the Scenario Archive either.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Board 77 is not listed in the Scenario Archive either.
The board list on that dropdown (on the advanced search) lists all boards found from scenarios, rather than a list of 'known' boards. So when a scenario is published using it, you'll see it arrive on the dropdown list.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Curiously, the scenario archive Advance Search Featuring Map: menu omits 77

Nor is there a board 77 on the Texas ASL site, nor on the MMP product page for boards.

Has the board been published yet? Evidence suggests No.

View attachment 23136
Yes it has been printed , I have a copy that came with the second map bundle, that is the only place you can get it so far and there are no scenarios out for it yet

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the plan always was to publish it in J13, but no one anticipated at the time that the Journal would be delayed as long as it has been. Fully anticipate that some scenarios in the Journal will use it, but due to its limited availability, I'm not aware of any non-MMP scenarios that have used it thus far. There's pictures of the board that have been posted on-line (see post 15 in this thread ASL Board 77 | GameSquad Forums), so folks can see what it looks like if they don't have the Supplemental Map Pack.
That's one ugly-ass board. Maybe embarrassment explains lack of publication.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That’s true!
I've said this before about the Rogue boards; we were so looking forward to some new terrain and then were presented with those...... Garish is the only word that comes to mind and that is inadequate. Anyone who played on those boards is a dedicated, hardkorps, ASLer in my book.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I've said this before about the Rogue boards; we were so looking forward to some new terrain and then were presented with those...... Garish is the only word that comes to mind and that is inadequate. Anyone who played on those boards is a dedicated, hardkorps, ASLer in my book.
Rex sent Fish a whole box of them as thanks for our playtesting. Apparently we sucked.🙄

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think 77 looks OK, how else should big grain fields on big hills look? At least the colors on 77 are normal. Not even close to the way the rogues look. I have 77 and the rogues. Really quite different.

Could be some interesting combat on grain covered hills.

However I do not want to see an SSR that says grain does not exist or play on 77 when grain is out of season.

Seth