Scenarios 'featuring' OVR

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I seldom overrun, but it has been key to gaining ground in a particular scenario I am playing "Smoke the Kents". Initially we did the TEM wrong (hedge/wall TEM apply in addition to OG) and my dice have been good, but it is interesting playing this type of scenario and it does seem to ratchet up the tension as the ATR's/MG's are desperate to stun/shock or kill AFV to stop some of these attacks. After the OVR, the attacker is desperate to kill broken defenders for FTR (or at least that has been my focus).

My sD rolls have been horrible to compensate, but I can live (quite well) with that kind of trade. :)

Any recommendations? Not an overrun fest, but something were you probably should do a few (several?) to get past the defenders.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I seldom overrun, but it has been key to gaining ground in a particular scenario I am playing "Smoke the Kents". Initially we did the TEM wrong (hedge/wall TEM apply in addition to OG) and my dice have been good, but it is interesting playing this type of scenario and it does seem to ratchet up the tension as the ATR's/MG's are desperate to stun/shock or kill AFV to stop some of these attacks. After the OVR, the attacker is desperate to kill broken defenders for FTR (or at least that has been my focus).

My sD rolls have been horrible to compensate, but I can live (quite well) with that kind of trade. :)

Any recommendations? Not an overrun fest, but something were you probably should do a few (several?) to get past the defenders.
Just did 4 of that in the same Movement Phase .. BFP18 Necklace of Pearls

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
With early war AFVs I'm always looking to overrun. The high MG factors and relative paucity of AT weapons makes for an advantageous tactic.

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
The best scenarios to do overruns are ones with Sangars. It destroys the Sangar automatically. Then, a second AFV can overrun the now exposed unit, with a -1 DRM for being in the open...

You can also do an overrun on an unpossessed SW or Gun to destroy it. I did this last week in Super Bazookas to take out an unpossessed bazooka before anyone could run back to get it.

Ineffectual overruns have their uses. If you remain in the hex, the victims can't shoot out, and giant stacks of infantry can move adjacent and blast in Advancing Fire. Overrunning and continuing to move forward can mess up the rout routes of broken units.

'course, there is a risk to the AFV with all of these.

PzKw Is, PzKw IIs, PzKw IIID and Fs, and British Mark VIs and Humber II and IIIs are awesome overrun vehicles!

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Slow motion overrun in the 'classic'(?) movie "The Beast". Those squeamish ASL'ers (and there are lots) need not google that one!

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
J43 3rd RTR in the rain if the defender sets up behind the walls in front of the cornfield....

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Khamsin,
And Here We Damn Well Stay.

Seem like possible OVR necessity scenarios.