Scenario updates list and changes

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
I though I saw a list of the redone scenarios for Rising Sun, Yanks ,FKaC and DB? I checked MMP's web site but all I could find was the Beyond Valour ones. Anyone have a list changes of the others?
Thanks
Dave

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm not sure "Errata" and "Scenario updates" are necessarily the same thing. Many scenario cards in the reprinted module are presented as "updated", but I'm not sure the list on the MMP site is supposed to described all the changes.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...but I'm not sure the list on the MMP site is supposed to described all the changes.
They are.

The above errata page should contain all the updated for the scenarios in Doomed Battalions 3rd ed., For King and Country, and Rising Sun.

The "updates" for the scenarios in Yanks are not yet on that page, but can be found in the Debrifing in ASL Journal 11 (with corrections in 12).

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you go to the Product Info/order page for Yanks 2 you will also be able to download at least one updated scenario in a PDF format.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
They are.
I think you mean "they are supposed to".

The list of provided updates does not always completely convert the old version into the new version.

I've posted elsewhere about some of the subtle differences. One I just noticed the other day was the difference in the VC between the two versions of Silence That Gun. The original only requires the sole occupation of the fortified building; the new version requires Control of the building. That change is not noted in the update text.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The list of provided updates does not always completely convert the old version into the new version.

I've posted elsewhere about some of the subtle differences. One I just noticed the other day was the difference in the VC between the two versions of Silence That Gun. The original only requires the sole occupation of the fortified building; the new version requires Control of the building. That change is not noted in the update text.
Good catch.

I hadn't realized just how much this scenario had changed from the original. The bit about the Gun not being destroyed as a result of German Intensive Fire (SSR 4) is also absent from the J11 list of scenario updates.

The new version also dropped the superfluous reference to a "non-marsh hex," given that marsh is a prohibited hex for Guns (C2.7).

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm attempting to update my scenarios using the official errata on the MMP website and in some instances, it's very frustrating.

For example, I own the 2nd edition of Doomed Battalions. There have been 3 editions, but the MMP errata lumps together all Doomed Battalions errata. I can tell that some 1st edition errata was folded into the 2nd edition scenario cards. But there are many cases that I can't tell if I have the updated info or not. How do I handle errata like "Shorten game length by one turn." or "Delete two 4-5-7's from the Polish OB."?

If anyone can point me to a list of per-edition errata, that would be great. Thanks.

And MMP, in the future, please write all errata as "Make the game length N turns." or "Change the number of 4-5-7's in the Polish OB to N".

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Has anyone been working on the older Finnish scenario to update them?
Dave

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Has anyone been working on the older Finnish scenario to update them?
Dave
I don't think so.

With over 550 recorded playings, Fighting Withdrawal might be a good place to start. It appears to favour the Reds by two to three percent. But is it worth changing up a few things and messing with the balance?

Other old scenarios would benefit from a revamp, although I'm not sure that together they would ever match the amount of play that FW continues to get.

Here's one option for FW:

ASL Scenario 1 Fighting WIthdrawal 2017.jpg

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
If you go to the Product Info/order page for Yanks 2 you will also be able to download at least one updated scenario in a PDF format.
The differences are minimal between the T1 available as part of Classic ASL (official downloads) and the 181 available on the Y2 product page but, yes, there are differences (more precision in balance and german setup area, simplified wording for SSRs).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
One could design a scenario covering the same action as Fighting Withdrawal, with OBs adapted to HP and, also, different mapboards if necessary.
I wouldn't touch the original one.