Scenario Suggestions requested: Paradrops

dude163

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all

I just finished my game of 3rd RTR in the rain, does anyone have any good recommendations for any scenarios with gliders/paradrops , and if possible any that have them on BOTH sides?

or is there even one that has that?

cheers

RTW
summer of ASL 2009

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

Depends on what gear you have, with that said:

Here are a couple from MMPs new pack:

Rehersal for Crete
Brits vs Germans with Gliders only

Disaster on the Dnieper Loop
Germans vs Russians with the Russians using para drops

Scott

Tork

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dispatches 'Headhunting for Bloody Huns'

German paradrop on the deluxe boards, with Cretan civilians using hand to hand CC...

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
It would be hard to imagine a scenario with both sides air-landing units that would be historically accurate. However, with DYO you could create such a situation.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It would be hard to imagine a scenario with both sides air-landing units that would be historically accurate. However, with DYO you could create such a situation.
I seem to remember an SL scenario on exactly that subject!!!!!

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
I seem to remember an SL scenario on exactly that subject!!!!!
British and Germans paratroopers fought each other over an airfield in North Africa at one time. While their drops were almost at the same time, I believe (if memory serves) that the Germans got their drop in first.

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
Go for "Ham and Jam" - the first scenario from Pegasus Bridge. It is one sided in favour of the British and is also a night glider landing but it was my first glider and my first night scenario and I didn't find it too complex. Night does not add a lot of complexity to the glider stage of the scenario. However, it is just great fun. I had to go to the bridge in Normandy and run over it just because it was such a good scenario.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My favorite is OM4 - Umbrella Man from the Crete HOB product.

Your gliders land amid fire, drift, support weapons scatter, and you must combine the paras into a cohesive attack upon four objectives:

1. The village
2. Central hill lookout buildings
3. Two AA gunpits

All are spread out on a HASL map. Very large, one playing came down to last turn DR.

Rich

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I can´t remember of a scenario where both sides enter via airdrop/gliders.
If you play it the first time start slow...

CH77 "Drop Tone A" is a good paradrop beginner scenario. Same for SP44 "Sufferin´ Südfrankreich" for gliders.

Last paradrop/glider sceanrio i have played was FF14 "Operation Rösselsprung"...a total disaster :upset:...We were chrushed by the Tito-Banditen :angry:

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Go for "Ham and Jam" - the first scenario from Pegasus Bridge. It is one sided in favour of the British and is also a night glider landing but it was my first glider and my first night scenario and I didn't find it too complex. Night does not add a lot of complexity to the glider stage of the scenario. However, it is just great fun. I had to go to the bridge in Normandy and run over it just because it was such a good scenario.
Yeah, I still get ticked off thinking how I tried to get get cute by trying to land thisclose to the bridge as Howard skidded into the river...:mad:

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
British and Germans paratroopers fought each other over an airfield in North Africa at one time. While their drops were almost at the same time, I believe (if memory serves) that the Germans got their drop in first.
You are thinking of the Bone (in Tunisia?) airfield or bridge I think. The Germans got in just minutes ahead of the Brits. I have not seen a scenario based on this though.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
It was Scenario 1000 OPERATION MARSTON from The General 20 # 2 (1983).

Catania Italy, 14/15 July 1943. A four stage scenario (like a CG) with 15 boards in play. Stage I (0330 hours) was 12 turns, Stage II (1550 hours) 15 turns, Stage III (1230 hours 7/15) 25 turns, and Stage IV (2010) 12 turns.

This is from the bottom of page 18:

This scenario is intended as a monster game version of a tactical exercise. As such, it will require availability of two complete SL systems (i.e., two copes of SL, COI, COD and GI).

It has 96 special rules, the Axis has like 52 squads and 4 guns/crews and 3 trucks on Stage I (40 of them Paradrop). The Brits have 27 and 3 AT paradrop on Stage I. The German Stage II reinforcements are 11 SS squads, 3x 88L AT, 4x SPW 250, 6x Pz IIIE, 2x StuG IIIF and 3x Trucks. The Brits get on Stage III 43 squads, 2x 76 MTR, 3x 47L AT, 2x 94 INF, 6x Bren Carriers of sorts, 2x AEC-I, 6x heavy trucks and 10 boats. And on Stage IV the Brits get 3x Bishops, 10x M4, and 3x M4A1.