Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dunhill_BKK

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'd love to turn this into a poll, and I'll try, but just in case I stuff it up, what size scenarios do we prefer to PBEM?

I like the full battle, and think 100+ turns allow me enough time to recover from a stuff up. I don't really like the small thumbnail scenarios, but I think they do have something to offer in teaching.

Cheers,

It seems to have worked, sorry about trying to affix numeric sizes that are just guesses.

Last edited:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I usually prefer the larger ones as well for both the reason you gave, the ability to recover from mistakes, but also that they usually offer maneuver and give me the chance to deploy my forces the way I want, as opposed to dealing with what the scenario designer or my historical counterparts deemed appropriate.

The only problem with all this is now days it's harder for me to fit turns in, so it takes me longer to do the big ones... :cry:

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted medium. I agree with everyone about the large scenarios giving time to manuever and pick where to deploy your forces BUT .... I'm finding with my schedule it's almost too much time. Some of these large Gettysburg scenarios I find myself spending two months of PBEM before the forces even start to battle.

For me, the Peninsula and Shiloh scenarios offer room for manuever without quite so much lead time to the battle.

arckon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ok, thankfully the poll let me make 2 choices as I honestly could not split medium and large scenarios for PBEM play. Both have distinct pluses for choosing to play.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, life comes down to once again the question - does size matter??? :laugh: