Scenario Pack List

Vorenas

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it documented anywhere what packs go with each other? I have been looking at the site and it seems there are tons of them, but it’s confusing to know which might go together. I am mainly looking for a sequence if it exists.
Thanks in advance.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
The best place to figure out what CH does is the Desperation Morale website but it hasn’t been updated since 2017-ish. As far as related packs, the old CH series packs like hero packs, Euro packs, etc were related but each was self contained. I think the newer Red rarities and hot stove packs are linked and require the earlier packs to play the later. They also change the names of thier later reprints making it even harder to understand what is what.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The best place is on the CH site. D.M. will be all negative views about almost everything CH. So, go to the CH site then at the bottom left click on the symbol inside the CH square. This takes you to the forum area. Lots of stuff to look at here. At the bottom of the page click on the "Battlefield Lens" link. This tells you about all the scenario packs for sale and what links with what if at all.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
The Teutonic Terror series needs to be bought sequentially, as does the ACW geomorphic series (so far only available in ASL format, more ASLers play American Civil War than STEers), the Hot Stove pipe series, the Deluxe Dert Fox series, and the first 4 titles in the Great War series.
Other titles that seem related can be bought and played in any order. The Normandy games, the the Volga Games, and other series can be played independently of publication order.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The best place is on the CH site. D.M. will be all negative views about almost everything CH. So, go to the CH site then at the bottom left click on the symbol inside the CH square. This takes you to the forum area. Lots of stuff to look at here. At the bottom of the page click on the "Battlefield Lens" link. This tells you about all the scenario packs for sale and what links with what if at all.
Thx for the tip on the Battlefield Lens strings. Very useful. I had no idea those were there. May convince me to try a Great War pack or two.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What the CH will neglect to mention is the number of rehashes some scenario packs have seen. Or how scenarios that are identical or almost identical have just been renamed. In the past, the CH website has been hazy about some contents of packs as well.

So caution is well advised and blind trust in the CH website can turn into an endeavor.

von Marwitz

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well von it's nothing personal against you but I like the CH products I bought and I don't like reading posts from the CH heaters here. The guy will make up his own mind about CH products. Why don't you let him.

Ray

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Von Marwitz seems rather reasonable. It does nobody any good to have ASL'rs burnt. CH have a "well earned" reputation that is well deserved.

Plus Von Marwitz is not deciding anything for him. He's still going to make his own decision but with better information.

Certainly not going to watch good folks crash and burn .. "Why don't you let him" sounds rather malicious.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It wasn't meant to be malicious but I see you got your little bit of CH hate in. Go away.

Vorenas

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate any information and all opinions during my research process. I do plan on giving one of their products a go once I decide which one to go with.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
For more info, scenario listings, former titles, just solicit here or on the ATS facebook forum.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well von it's nothing personal against you but I like the CH products I bought and I don't like reading posts from the CH heaters here. The guy will make up his own mind about CH products. Why don't you let him.

Ray
Well, nothing personal either, but you might not expect that I do own quite a lot of CH stuff. Way enough to base my judgement on personal experience. Does telling about my personal experience with CH make me a CH heater (or rather hater I suppose you meant)?

The guy will undoubtedly make up his own mind and I see not how my relating my experiences is in any form inhibiting that.

von Marwitz

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, nothing personal either, but you might not expect that I do own quite a lot of CH stuff. Way enough to base my judgement on personal experience. Does telling about my personal experience with CH make me a CH heater (or rather hater I suppose you meant)?

The guy will undoubtedly make up his own mind and I see not how my relating my experiences is in any form inhibiting that.

von Marwitz
Not at all and you did it in a reasonable way and I'm sure he will. But you see what it does. It brings out the haters as you can see. I get tired of it and I can't control myself. LOL!

Later, Ray

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not at all and you did it in a reasonable way and I'm sure he will. But you see what it does. It brings out the haters as you can see. I get tired of it and I can't control myself. LOL!

Later, Ray
Funny enough, I own quite a number of (mostly older) CH modules myself. I log my plays on my blog and I am PT’ing a massive Berlin CG myself.

I was here to say that I find von Marwitz quite reasonable and that given my experience, leaving people to their own devices to NOT to be.

The most telling bit in this little exchange is that your first instinct is not to present your side of the argument but to immediately label the other side and seek to suppress opinions.

This IS personal : the problem in this instance is not CH. It’s YOU.