Scenario Designer's bucket list

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's start with Beyond Valor and Yanks:

Are there any vehicles/ gun counters which have yet to be included in a scenario?

Official vs TPP?

Any of you uber-geeks keeping track of this on a spreadsheet or some other method?

I'll see if I can work them in to some of my current projects :)

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Every time I spend a few hours cutting counters, rounding corners, and organizing them into boxes, I ask myself what proportion of these counters are used in scenarios I have a copy of. My guess is there are hundreds that are not - but then, I am far from having a complete collection of scenarios.

Another interesting thing to do would be to take the scenarios with the most playings in ROAR - say, enough to cover 99.9% of the reported playings - and see what percentage of gun/vehicle counters never appear in these.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to kick off some ideas...I am sure you can get Paul M. Weir to give you a very nice (and better) list.

German bridge layers: 251/7
250/11 with 28mm i.e. 28LL
Tank Recovery Vehicles : EX: M32 series based off the M3 Lee chassis (there was a Grant version too used by Brits) or Sherman MkI version/II . or Bergepanzer/panthers

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Not a counter, but an OBA type -
http://www.royalartilleryunitsnetherlands1944-1945.com/1-rocket-battery-rca.html

The Commonwealth troops in NW Europe had experimental rocket units which saw action. The old Crescendo of Doom actually had a counter for the rocket launcher (just as COI and GI had Nebelwerfer and Sheman Calliope counters which were a little breathtaking). No such thing in ASL, but I wonder if anyone has yet done a scenario with Rocket OBA for the British...

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My scenario designer bucket list of things to do is to give my scenario designs as silly a title as possible but I don't think i'll be able to do as well as pete with such classics as Grab and go (must have ran to mcdonalds when he came up with that one), Bedbug bite, Porto potty, potty boyz, Rebels without a clue and my all time favorite encircle this!. But I'll will endeavor too try and one day come up with a silly scenario title.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know it exists, I thought he was looking for vehicles that haven't yet been used in an MMP scen...
Yes, fair enough.

I took at as "counter to add" and by implication "scenario will come." So for the 'expansion' opportunity I was pressing you to use your knowledge to add a vehicle the UK/Canadians might have encountered from the German side.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where as pete's scenario titles are just plain silly and do not take their subject matter seriously, Glennbo's were just flat out immature but when I look at both of these guys scenario titles it makes me cringe with not wanting to play their stuff.

Some of the ESG scenario titles might provide some inspiration. :D

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
As long as the scenario design is good, I don' t care too much about the title. Unless my wife could stumble on it which might weaken my position to argue that funds are well spent on my - eh - historical interest. :bow:

von Marwitz

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Mine just asks "who's winning?" while we haven't even picked sides yet.
I know she's not even thinking about reading the scenario cards.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Mine just asks "who's winning?" while we haven't even picked sides yet.
I know she's not even thinking about reading the scenario cards.
"And when we finished there were no winners, just men doing what men must do. ...The next morning our youth was a memory, and our happiness was a lie. Life is like a bad margarita with good tequila, I thought as I poured whiskey onto my granola and faced a new day."

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"And when we finished there were no winners, just men doing what men must do. ...The next morning our youth was a memory, and our happiness was a lie. Life is like a bad margarita with good tequila, I thought as I poured whiskey onto my granola and faced a new day."

JR
Like and Old Man without the Sea.

ReggieRed

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As long as the scenario design is good, I don' t care too much about the title. Unless my wife could stumble on it which might weaken my position to argue that funds are well spent on my - eh - historical interest. :bow:

von Marwitz
Had to explain to mine a few months back what "Taking the Left Tit" was all about when she saw it laying on the table as I was learning night rules...:eek:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The Brit rare vehicles pack from ToT feature Badgers.