Scenario Designer's bucket list

rottenroller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the proper M## of the US Aunt Jemima Sherman with the large mine rollers?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Captured Stugs (su-76i) in Russian service; T-43s; 212th tank Regiment used British Centaurs(!)
Free French French tanks (provided in US green); Where were these used?
Hungarians using their Panthers.
Luftwaffe Field Divisions: Should these former mechanics/ground crews have a reduced broken morale level? The Russian intelligence would identify these divisions in '44 and target their sector for their main thrust, knowing their inexperience. Their distinctive blue uniforms gave them away.
We also need non Russian brown partisans. Chetniks vs Tito partisans may prove interesting.
Yes Pete, let's do what has yet to be done.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Luftwaffe Field Divisions: Should these former mechanics/ground crews have a reduced broken morale level?
My reaction:

Sorry, but, really, what is it with people wanting more verdammt German squad types? (See, also, e.g., requests for Volksgrenadier squads.) In this instance, just use second line squads and a lower ELR. (You can mix in some first line squads or add more LMGs to the OoB if you think an across-the-board range of "4" is too short.)

We also need non Russian brown partisans. Chetniks vs Tito partisans may prove interesting.
Now that I would endorse. Also facilitates Russian v. Partisan and Red Chinese v. Partisan scenarios.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Captured Stugs (su-76i) in Russian
Hungarians using their Panthers.
Got some ideas for both of these.

Luftwaffe Field Divisions: Should these former mechanics/ground crews have a reduced broken morale level? The Russian intelligence would identify these divisions in '44 and target their sector for their main thrust, knowing their inexperience. Their distinctive blue uniforms gave them away.
I have used 4-4-7s, with poor leadership. They compensate with plenty of AA guns, though.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't you know? Counters are what sell products. Some people like all sorts of counters and some don't.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't you know? Counters are what sell products. Some people like all sorts of counters and some don't.
Counters do sell products, but there are probably at least a half dozen other counter types that would more justifiably be added to the system before getting around to more German squad types.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Sorry, but, really, what is it with people wanting more verdammt German squad types? (See, also, e.g., requests for Volksgrenadier squads.)
I don't see such a request. 4-4-7 work fine for Luftwaffe (can SSR lower-side morale if really necessary) and I thought VG were typically 4-3-6. They were even called that in COI.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I would look forward to a scenario pack with Luftwaffe field division troops.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am looking forward to a scenario pack that is not half assed designed or playtested and scenarios that goes beyond 4 turns. Ya fat chance of that happening in this day and age of fast food designs and minimal playtesting.

I would look forward to a scenario pack with Luftwaffe field division troops.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We also need dress uniforms

JR
In the upcoming Chapter E pack, Column rules will be modified to include parade formations.

"MMC morale levels drop one each turn the MMC begins the movement phase in PF, along with leadership DRMs. Or two levels if rain, falling snow or mid afternoon sun blindness is in effect."

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Seriously? You even commented in one of the threads about the subject: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/5-4-7-volksgrenadier-squad.101521/
I was obviously referring to Brian's comments in the current thread. Sorry, my life is not so empty that I've committed all the other threads (from 6 years ago!!) to memory. Instead of picking fights about what people said in other threads six years ago, maybe just participate thoughtfully and respectfully in this one? Just a thought.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you want to "just remember" that your Allied Minors broken morale level is one more than depicted on the counter when playing Greeks or Yugoslavian forces vs Italians then that's okay. I would rather have the new counters with that change on the counter. As I get older just remembering all of the rules is enough--I do not need to tax my aging brain more than necessary.
Anyone here using the new BFP armor leader counters and found that they are no longer forgetting which tank had the leaders? I am.
I do have too many counters but only use a certain amount at a time for a given scenario. Storing these is not a problem as I have enough space. Lugging all of these to ASLOK is becoming more problematic, however.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Counters do sell products, but there are probably at least a half dozen other counter types that would more justifiably be added to the system before getting around to more German squad types.
If I put a muddy Leningrad scenario with corduroy road counters like the ones in Journal #9? into the Chapter E pack, would you guys play it?