Scenario Designer Guide

ThePrimeMover

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
You do realize that this thread was last touched in 2010?
That I do. And I'm not being antagonistic ( this time :mad:;)) but I wanted to see about scenario design reviews/debates as I just got the guide. Most of the 'protagonists' and the products if not all are still extant so I saw no harm in necroesque posting.

Bend the rules, don't break them. A mantra that has kept me in trouble for years...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
That I do. And I'm not being antagonistic ( this time :mad:;)) but I wanted to see about scenario design reviews/debates as I just got the guide. Most of the 'protagonists' and the products if not all are still extant so I saw no harm in necroesque posting.

Bend the rules, don't break them. A mantra that has kept me in trouble for years...
Not a problem....just be aware that some might take exception....me? <shrug> No rule is being broken, or even bent all that much.

What consenting adults do in the privacy of their gameroom is OK by me..... ;)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I used neither book in my scenario packs. ;)
For my forthcoming "The Phoney War" Inaction Pack, I have used neither book, nor have I considered any form of reference material of any type other than a couple of videos. Going purely upon memory and some gut instincts.:study::confused::rofl:

Last edited:

ThePrimeMover

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
For my forthcoming "The Phoney War" Inaction Pack, I have use neither book, nor have I considered any form of reference material of any type other than a couple of videos. Going purely upon memory and some gut instincts.:study::confused::rofl:
I can't see what's wrong with that other than a few inaccuracies and inconsistencies here and there...

Go get 'em!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Just to update some comments earlier in the thread, Pete Shelling's article on scenario design is in print. It is in Journal #9 and is called "A Method to the Madness: How Scenario Designs Happen."

FWIW, it's a short two-pager but provides a useful overview of the basic process with some handy tips from one of the most prolific of MMP's published designers.

Last edited:

ThePrimeMover

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Just to update some comments earlier in the thread, Pete Shelling's article on scenario design is in print. It is in Journal #9 and is called "A Method to the Madness: How Scenario Designs Happen."

FWIW, it's a short two-pager but provides a useful overview of the basic process with some handy tips from one of the most prolific of MMP's published designers.
Thanks Mike, I will check it out.