Scenario Design

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've spent a few days trying to figure it out and I'm baffled. What do you do to design scenarios. I've been trying to build a few based on current experiences off of my base (Al Taqqadum), but I can't seem to figure out how to build a scenario from scratch without routing it through one of the Custom scenarios. I'm wondering, is that the only way, or is there a faster scenario tool? Also, how do you put in special requirements for the players, such as Blue must exit 75% of troops, or must enter and hold for at least 5 minutes objectives A, B, and C?

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
but I can't seem to figure out how to build a scenario from scratch without routing it through one of the Custom scenarios. I'm wondering, is that the only way, or is there a faster scenario tool
Dan, that's the current rub. Using v4 or below, there is no scenario tool. You have to use the custom scenarios. Hopefully, whenever these is a v5 release, it will include a stable scenario creator - we'll have to wait and see on that.

Also, how do you put in special requirements for the players, such as Blue must exit 75% of troops, or must enter and hold for at least 5 minutes objectives A, B, and C?
That's currently problematic.

I've had what I consider success by creating a custom map, starting a two player game custom USMC/USA Scenario. I create the desired T/O for each side, saving them as exported .xls files for later tweaking by using the export OOB function. I then save the game. I keep all of the files; map, terrain, gamesave, OOBs in a separate folder in my TacOps directory. When ready to play it, open it as a two-player saved game. Any exit or hold victory criteria will need to be tracked and evaluated by the user.

It has worked well solitaire. You can probably see one or two of the USMC TDG's that I replicated in TacOps, in the AAR Section here.

Going head-to-head will require an "integrity-check"

Good luck with it and stay safe.

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks.

My goal why I'm over here is to use my experiences and create some scenarios based on actual events or probable extrapolations. One scenario that will have to be done as a multiplayer will be based on a hostile pull out from an 'existing base'. Also, I want to work with some Osprey scenarios.

Which lends to another question: Does the osprey seem slow to anyone else in the game? From personally dealing with them, they have comparable speeds to low end C130. However, they seem to move roughly the same speed as the Cobra or Apache.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does the osprey seem slow to anyone else in the game? From personally dealing with them, they have comparable speeds to low end C130. However, they seem to move roughly the same speed as the Cobra or Apache.
The Osprey in TacOps4 is assumed to be approaching or leaving a landing zone - thus the lower than max real world speed. If I allowed it to travel at its real world max speed it would lead to "gamey" use by players.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been trying to build a few based on current experiences off of my base (Al Taqqadum)...
TacCovert4;

If you are currently in the Marine Corps, send me a private email containing your military postal address. I will mail a copy of TacOpsMC v5 to that address for you (its free). Send the email to majorh@satx.rr.com.

TacOpsMC v5 and TacOps4 can not play each other but they can coexist on the same hard drive. TacOpsMC v5 has a few features that are not in TacOps4.