Best wishes,
Steve

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Re: TOAW III Scenario Catalogue

Guys,

Please find attached an Excel spreadsheet detailing all the scenarios available for TOAW III. Well... not exactly all since this is work in progress. I shall be updating the catalogue every week (Saturday) as entries are completed and scenarios added.

Update: 27 April 2013 The catalogue will include all TOAW I, TOAW II, WOTY, and ACOW and TOAW III scenarios. My thanks to JapLance for providing his collection of converted TOAW I and WOTY scenarios and to everyone for their comments and help.

The latest catalogue is now available but it is too large to be uploaded as an attachment to the post. I have provided a link to the file instead. This works for me but I would appreciate it if someone can confirm that it works ok for a third party.

The link will take you directly to the file in the BT Cloud and it is free from adverts, strange behaviour, flashing lights, and other annoying things that you sometimes get with download sites.

Just click on the file to select it, and then on the new page click download. It is as simple as that.

The final catalogue, still sometime in the future, will consist of multiple pages together with a statistical analysis of the database. The final form as I envisage it now is not set in stone and if anyone has any suggestions for what they would like to see then please let me know. I am happy to entertain any ideas for improvement.

All comments welcome.

TOAW III Scenario Catalogue 27042013

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

Goliath

Reaction score
Country
llSweden

Steve,

The download worked fine for me!

Best wishes
Martin

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Martin,

Thanks for confirmation that it works ok. It is the first time I have used the BT Cloud and I quite like it. I get very nervous when I visit some download sites and on several occasions I am not quite sure what the hell I have downloaded. I think some of them are designed to be as confusing as possible. Anyway, have a good weekend.

All the best,
Steve

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Guys,

Please find attached an Excel spreadsheet detailing all the scenarios available for TOAW III. I shall be updating the catalogue every week (Saturday) as entries are completed and scenarios added.

Update: 1 June 2013: The catalogue will include all TOAW I, TOAW II, WOTY, and ACOW and TOAW III scenarios. My thanks to JapLance for providing his collection of converted TOAW I and WOTY scenarios and to everyone for their comments and help.

The latest catalogue is now available from the link below.

The link will take you directly to the file in the BT Cloud and it is free from adverts, strange behaviour, flashing lights, and other annoying things that you sometimes get with download sites.

Just click on the file to select it, and then on the new page click download. It is as simple as that.

The final catalogue, still sometime in the future, will consist of multiple pages together with a statistical analysis of the database. The final form as I envisage it now is not set in stone and if anyone has any suggestions for what they would like to see then please let me know. I am happy to entertain any ideas for improvement.

Legacy Project XXVII is now available in the download area.

Also included now (as a separate download) is a small spreadsheet that will calculate how much supply a unit will receive on any TOAW battlefield and will calculate the recovery time (number of turns) required to bring a 33/1 unit back to full supply under varying conditions. It is handy for players, scenario designers, and anyone modding old scenarios since it will help work out the perennial logistics problem. It is quite simple to operate but if anyone has any questions I will, of course, clarify any confusion.

The supply spreadsheet is also on the BT Cloud and is available from the link below.

All comments welcome.

TOAW III Scenario Catalogue 01062013

Supply Calculator

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Guys,

All the latest updates are available from the above post.

The first pass of the catalogue is now complete. I have had a recent influx of about 80 TOAW I and TOAW II scenarios that will need sorting out and will take a little time for the next couple of weeks or so. From a cursory glance at the new influx, they are mostly older versions of scenarios already listed and so the catalogue will not change much while this work is going on. I hope to go through the list as quickly as possible but it will take two or three weeks.

Once that it completed, I shall begin the work of completing the missing details from the retrofitted columns as well as working on the list of scenarios known to be missing.

The bottom line is that this will be the last update for two or three weeks before the update schedule will be resumed. Fear not, work on the catalogue will still be going on.

Legacy Project Volume XXVIII is in the process of being assembled. It currently has four scenarios in it and I am not sure if the new influx will provide another 6. Either way, I shall publish Volume XXVIII when I have cleared the influx but it might contain less than or even more than 10 scenarios. At this point, I do not know.

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance

I've downloaded the whole set - thanks for all the hard work!

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Nemo,

The whole set? You are a glutton for punishment. Have fun!

Best wishes,
Steve

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Guys,

A hard disk crash has left me without a computer apart from my one hour a day on the library machine. Further updates to the catalogue will be delayed until such a time as I can afford to get my computer repaired. Hopefully, this will not be for too long but it will be two or three months at least.

Best wishes,
Steve

Goliath

Reaction score
Country
llSweden

Steve,

I am sad to hear that you have computer problems, and hope to have you back in a not-too-far future.

Best wishes,
Martin

TrevB

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll

Any news on the scenario catalogue?

It's a great piece of work and I'd like to see it continued.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Forum software being ifffy. Double post.

Last edited:

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

TrevB,

I have almost saved up enough to get my computer repaired. This will probably be the week after next. After that, I have to reinstall everything and that's a fair bit of work. For the TOAW installation alone I need to reinstall over 900 scenarios. Once that is done, work can restart on the scenario catalogue.

Right now, my best guess is for the weekly schedule to begin again sometime in early to mid December but certainly before Christmas. I shall attempt to get back up and running as quickly as I can.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Best wishes,
Steve

TrevB

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll

Thanks for the update Steve.

Hope you get up and running again soon.

All the best, Trevor.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Guys,

My computer is working again! The library staff certainly were happy. :)

If the last two hours are anything to go by, it looks like my weekend is going to be dedicated to Microsoft's update torture as it attempts to reinstall six years of Vista updates. Oh joy.

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

TrevB

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll

Great to hear you're getting up and running again Steve.

Last edited:

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Guys,

Please find attached an Excel spreadsheet detailing all the scenarios available for TOAW III. This is a Work in Progress and I shall be updating the catalogue every week (probably Saturday) as entries are completed and scenarios added.

Update: 10 November 2013: The catalogue will include all TOAW I, TOAW II, WOTY, and ACOW and TOAW III scenarios. My thanks to everyone for their comments and help.

Also included now (as a separate download) is a small spreadsheet that will calculate how much supply a unit will receive on any TOAW battlefield and will calculate the recovery time (number of turns) required to bring a 33/1 unit back to full supply under varying conditions. It is handy for players, scenario designers, and anyone modding old scenarios since it will help work out the perennial logistics problem. It is quite simple to operate but if anyone has any questions I will, of course, clarify any confusion.

The supply spreadsheet is also on the BT Cloud and is available from the link below.

All comments welcome.

TOAW III Scenario Catalogue 10112013

Supply Calculator

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

TrevB

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll

Great stuff Steve.

With the scenario catalogue resuming and yesterday's news that Ralph Trickey is back working on TOAW III v3.5 and v4.0 it's looking good for TOAW.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll

Yes this is great news about Ralph. The future of TOAW looks bright indeed.:)

Guys,

Please find attached an Excel spreadsheet detailing all the scenarios available for TOAW III. This is a Work in Progress and I shall be updating the catalogue every week (probably Saturday) as entries are completed and scenarios added.

Update: 17 November 2013: The catalogue will include all TOAW I, TOAW II, WOTY, and ACOW and TOAW III scenarios. My thanks to everyone for their comments and help.

All comments welcome.

TOAW III Scenario Catalogue 17112013

Supply Calculator

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited: