Scen. E Hill 621 Pre-game TC

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been many a moon since I've played this one but couldn't find an answer to the question (or remember) if the pregame TC can be modified by a Ldr in the same Location if the Ldr survives? Also, since the SSR states "The only possible consequence of failure is that the unit must begin the scenario broken." so I believe that a Ldr broken because of this pre-game TC will not incur a LLMC/LLTC for MMC stacked with him nor a wound check. Am I correct in these assumptions?

buser333

Reaction score
Been many a moon since I've played this one but couldn't find an answer to the question (or remember) if the pregame TC can be modified by a Ldr in the same Location if the Ldr survives? Also, since the SSR states "The only possible consequence of failure is that the unit must begin the scenario broken." so I believe that a Ldr broken because of this pre-game TC will not incur a LLMC/LLTC for MMC stacked with him nor a wound check. Am I correct in these assumptions?
I would in fact say that a leadership modifier must be applied, as per A10.72.
I also agree with your reading of SSR2 that any units which break are not subject to any further LLMC/LLTC.
You'll have fun with this golden oldie!

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please note that there's an error in the "Classic ASL" reprint:
GEN E (“Hill 621”) In the version appearing in “Classic ASL”, the Russian reinforcements shown as entering of Turn 3 should instead enter on Turn 5. [Mw2020]
Where the "Mw2020" source is archived here.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
One warning: don't set up as the Germans to allow a Turn 1 Human Wave. I managed to launch an approximately three-dozen-squad HW on turn 1 once.
It's been a long time but I don't recall the Russians being able to set up anywhere near close enough for that ??

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please note that there's an error in the "Classic ASL" reprint:

Where the "Mw2020" source is archived here.
Looks as if the original "hard copy" had the Russian Star in the Turn Record Track wrong but the OB had the correct entry instructions. The current free download for the ASL Classics from MMP has both of them correct.