SASLHC Barbarossa Campaign on YouTube

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mission #2 - River Assault

Finished up the mission last Sunday, and have begun uploading the three parts (1 a day) to my YouTube channel. Please feel free to comment on the videos and give a like if you enjoyed it and feel I deserved it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhIK8u_Tplnl1FDLYJM_yw

Reminder that I stream every Sunday 1800-2100 EST on Twitch, so stop on by and chat while I play the mission.

https://twitch.tv/ahriman667

Last edited:

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Started Mission #3 of my SASL HC Barbarossa campaign last Sunday...sadly a scuffed stream where I lost the last two hours of the session. Join me Sunday night at 6PM EST where I hope (to have a better stream) to finish off Mission #3.
I broadcast this game (amongst others) on my Twitch channel so feel free to drop by and give me a follow.

Ahriman667 on Twitch

Last edited:

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mission #3 - Hold the Line
CGVP +3

Just finished off the mission with a GE victory (I called it in Turn 7 because there was no way the RU would be able to get the requisite 25 CVP/Exit VP required in four turns).

YouTube video should be uploaded shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhIK8u_Tplnl1FDLYJM_yw

Next mission is Cautious Advance as the Nordland Regiment begins to move forward again. Remember that you can join me on Twitch every Sunday at 6PM EST to participate in the conversation.

https://twitch.tv/ahriman667

Last edited:

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mission #8 The Fortress
CGVP +4

Finished off Mission 8 last night, and broke the video up into 4 hour-long parts which I'll be releasing over the next couple of days.

Also going to start Mission #9 tonight at 6PM EST on Twitch, so please join me if you want to.

I think once I finish this historical campaign, I'm going to do a giant Red Factories solitaire game, covering all 30 days on both sets of maps. What are your thoughts?

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mission #8 The Fortress
CGVP +4
I think once I finish this historical campaign, I'm going to do a giant Red Factories solitaire game, covering all 30 days on both sets of maps. What are your thoughts?
Yes please!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mission #8 The Fortress
CGVP +4

Finished off Mission 8 last night, and broke the video up into 4 hour-long parts which I'll be releasing over the next couple of days.

Also going to start Mission #9 tonight at 6PM EST on Twitch, so please join me if you want to.

That would be nice. What CG SSR's are you going to use?

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not sure yet to be honest, haven't thought that far. :)

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mission #9 the Bridgehead
CVGP: +2

Anyone else get ripped apart during mission 9 because of the 3 EN Artillery Strikes (thanks Hans :) )?

The troops in the water are the double-breaks/KIA from two rounds of 120+ OBA...and its only Turn 3 (out of 10+). I'm guessing this mission is a failure and a loss for the GE.

EDIT
The final death roster, all from OBA except for the 3 x 127/Lt Mtr that went down with their assault boats from DFF...sometimes I hate this game. Company did a withdrawal of what is left and loses 2 CVGP as a result. Also the 9-2 dies from his wounds.

Last edited:

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is me breaking both the MMG and HMG when finally getting a chance to fire at the advancing S? as I replay Mission 9 to see if the results would vary.

It's confirmed, I suck 😢

**EDIT
HINT, results don't vary (much).

Last edited:

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Mission 9 was uploaded to YouTube last week, with a redo (#4) ending in a GE victory though it came down to a couple of close calls on the last turn.

Mission 10 is also in the bag. Videos will be up shortly. This Human Wave mission was a little too easy for the Germans, and been thinking of abandoning the campaign overall because, a couple of bad missions aside, the other 8 have been a little too easy. And that's taking into account Mission 9 Bridgehead and the first-try debacle that ensued. In fact mission 9 has been the only real challenge, and that was because of some RNG factors and not so much tactics.

Maybe the rules need a few tweaks to up the challenge.

Would you like me to finish this campaign or move on to something else?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I stopped the campaign for the same reason, too easy for the Germans.

Gianluca

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
If it's too easy and uninspiring, it might be interesting to see a campaign on Stalingrad (VotG or RB)

DQuin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m fairly new to SASL and have been playing this campaign as well. I’m on mission 7 and am +5 on the campaign. What would make this campaign easier than another? It seems the campaign is made up of standard missions with some SSR’s To give it flavor. Are the missions in the campaign easy, or is it something else that makes it pro German?

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think the problem is the randomness of the SASL, which could be considered its strength normally (true fog of war for an omniescent player).

Also, maybe it's because I've only ever played Germans. The Command rule almost requires kill stacks, which easily handle most single/maybe a couple of EN MMC that have to brave the open ground to approach a VPO/objective, etc. The EN tend to come piecemeal and are easily dealt with generally.

Having said that, there are circumstances when the RNG (i.e. the die rolls) go against you and you can be easily overwhelmed. E.g. a pair of KV 2's roll up and you only have ATR's to deal with...or the EN gets three artillery strikes to hammer you into the ground, literally. It seems to be an either or case in my experience. Either its a cakewalk, or you are chased off the board with your tail between your legs to save what's left of your company.

Not sure how to fix that, but one thing I've been doing lately is ignoring the EN action rolls, except to check for PANIC. If they pass the PANIC check, I move them in what seems their best interest. But again, they come piecemeal and are generally easy to deal with. Now I'm generally playing against weak troops, 527's and 426's, but I'm sure the deal might be different in say Festung Budapest with 458. etc.

I’m fairly new to SASL and have been playing this campaign as well. I’m on mission 7 and am +5 on the campaign.
Would like to know how the Pursuit mission went for you and what you did to win.