SASL website?

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
with the original SASL game, came OOB for Germans, Russians and Americans. i seem to remember that MMP was going to produce OOB for the Brits, Japanese and other natioinalities. is there a website that has the charts for the other nationalities for SASL?

i thought there was, but i can't remember.

thanks!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
John Bark said:
i seem to remember that MMP was going to produce OOB for the Brits, Japanese and other natioinalities.
That was done with the second edition of SASL!
And there also were additional missions...

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
John Bark said:
with the original SASL game, came OOB for Germans, Russians and Americans. i seem to remember that MMP was going to produce OOB for the Brits, Japanese and other natioinalities. is there a website that has the charts for the other nationalities for SASL?
As Robin says there is a SASL2 (now oop). It contains generation tables for 12 nationalities as well as 20 missions (about 7 or 8 were new), a CG and if I'm not mistaken rules for night, PTO etc...

It is available from Histofig for 48 euros. Don't know about other webshops.

You can also try ebay but make sure you get the second version not the 1st one. I understand that the boxes of both versions look identical so try to get some pics of the actual contents before bidding.

Good luck.

José

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
jserrano said:
I understand that the boxes of both versions look identical
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I recall the 2nd Edition box stating very clearly "2nd Edition" on the box cover.

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Reepicheep said:
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I recall the 2nd Edition box stating very clearly "2nd Edition" on the box cover.
You may be right Andrew, I do not have the box with my right now, but from the picture posted at MMP's site I cannot see the "2nd edition" wording anywhere.

José

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Oops. It seems the picture at MMPs is the wrong one. Here is what the 2nd version box looks like, note the "Second Edition" wording right below "ASL" in the top right.

You were right Andrew. Sorry. :eek:

José

Last edited:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Reepicheep said:
No probs. It always intrigued me that MMP didn't update the picture when the box art changed!
Yeah that one got me too. I bought one on ebay and the person claimed it was 2nd edition. I was assuming it said it somewhere on the box. I checked with MMP site before buying and it looked the same. Got it in and it is just like my 1st ed copy. They should update the site with the 2nd ed pic.

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
me too....

Psycho1943 said:
Yeah that one got me too. I bought one on ebay and the person claimed it was 2nd edition. I was assuming it said it somewhere on the box. I checked with MMP site before buying and it looked the same. Got it in and it is just like my 1st ed copy. They should update the site with the 2nd ed pic.

that's why i have only the 1st edition, because of the website picture. i thought they just reprinted the 1st edition because it was out of print for awhile (i think or at least i thought so). so, i didn't buy it. oh well, another lost sale for MMP.