SASL VotG CG IV - Take 2

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey guys.

Going to give this another go because I had such a blast last time, though it likely included several major mistakes. Hopefully, I've learned since then. Here is the link to the YouTube playlist. I'll update the campaign here when I finish each scenario but will be releasing videos on a turn-by-turn basis, for each side as they occur.

Right now the Intro video is up and the German Turn 1 of 14 Sept (Day) should be uploaded shortly.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sitrep 001 - 14 Sept (Day)

CVP: GE:
186 RU: 58
German Win

The battle progressed well, with most objectives seized by the end of the day. One Stosstruppe in the southern KG did not make it on board, and the company down there was quite late as well, only arriving on turn 7. Slow progress was made in the North, as several determined Russian positions would not yield to the German firepower. A berserk commissar and 426 (non-berserk) managed to fight off 3 squads and a 9-1 leader before dying for the Motherland. Near Railway Station 1, a lone 628 turned Fanatic and was also able to kill two crews and two squads before it melted under the concentrated fire of several tanks and adjacent 40FP attacks. Finally, the Children's Home is proving a tough nut to crack, with several fortified positions appearing to thwart the German assault there.
The table below summarises the activations and losses for the Germans. Note that almost twice as many S? proved to be dummies, so the Germans certainly got off easy, despite the losses.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sitrep 002 - 14 Sept (Night)

CVP
: GE: 191 RU: 58
VPO: GE: 51 RU: 2
Result: German Win

The Russians launched a front-wide counter-attack at night but were largely repulsed by the Germans achieving significant gains in a counter-push. Initial Russian success in the centre saw them achieve positive control of at least 15 stone hexes, five more than needed to win. Russian Sniper (7 SAN) and several 70+ and 120+ OBA FFE's did most of the damage to the Germans, with 6 leaders and two heroes among the casualties. However, the game length reached seven turns, by which time the Russian losses were too great and they were pushed back to their lines of departure, and even farther back in the North and South. The Germans now have 9th of January Square and 1st of May Square in their sights and are ready to continue the assault towards the Volga.

The table below summarizes the activations and losses for both sides. Note the high number of 426's activated in this scenario. Starting 15 Sept, the +6 DRM for squad type no longer applies, so more 1st line and Elite troops will likely be generated going forward.