SASL RB Campaign

peterk1

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just picked up Journal 1 yesterday to get the SASL Red Barricades missions. The authors said that they were working on solo rules for the campaign game. Has anyone heard anything about this at all? I'd kind of be interested in playtesting.

Have a couple of other SASL questions as well. I'm using the v1 of SASL. On table A2 (Enemy Actions) for the Hold Attitude. My chart looks like :

2-4 Move
5-9 Fire
10-11 Entrench

..but I noticed that the SALSA tool uses a table that looks like

2 Fire
3-5 Move
6-10 Fire
11 Entrench

Did they change this in v2?? Looked for Errata but couldn't find anything.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
peterk1 said:
I'm using the v1 of SASL. On table A2 (Enemy Actions) for the Hold Attitude. My chart looks like :

2-4 Move
5-9 Fire
10-11 Entrench

..but I noticed that the SALSA tool uses a table that looks like

2 Fire
3-5 Move
6-10 Fire
11 Entrench

Did they change this in v2?? Looked for Errata but couldn't find anything.
the A2b chart is the same of the first edition

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hello!

John Ferry knocked up some solitaire RB rules a little while ago.
I checked the link via the SASLforums but it appears to be dead.
I have the printed pdf in front of me, but can't find the file I'm afraid.

Anyone else still have it? John perhaps, if he's still SASLing?!

Chris

peterk1

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would greatly appreciate seeing that PDF if anyone has it! Thanks for replying.

Has anyone played the RB SASL battles? Any good?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The CG was fun. It used the northern RB mapsheet and you played as the Germans. The flow of the game was east to west rather than north to south (as in the ASL RB campaign). The rules were a work in progress and there was quite a bit of discussion on the SASL forums, although I don't think there has been any posts there for a while.
Anyway, I got a home internet connection a couple of years ago and VASL then took over from SASL.

Peterk1, if you can't get the files from anywhere, I can always scan them in and e-mail them to you. Send me a private message if you don't get any luck

Chris

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is what I have that will upload. Email me for more

Keith

Last edited:

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
H/SASL Red Barricades

peterk1 said:
Just picked up Journal 1 yesterday to get the SASL Red Barricades missions. The authors said that they were working on solo rules for the campaign game. Has anyone heard anything about this at all?
This started out as pre-SASL rules for playing RB solo which I posted to the ASLML 1996 or 1997, which were later reworked completely by Dave Connel et al. Carl Fago was handling this at MMP and it was dropped when he left.

regards,
Lars

peterk1

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Lars,

Should've known there was a comuter programmer behind it somehow. :)

Anyways it's a great idea and SASL Pegasus Bridge, Bridge Too Far etc, etc. look like they would also be good matches for this type of thing. Can't wait to take it for a whirl.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It's in Vol 8, Issue 1 of The Boardgamer whose internet home is here: http://www.bright.net/~monninb/ Back issues are $4.50 with free postage within the U.S.

I did notice, however, that the Boardgame is going out of business soon. No more issues are being printed, but back issues will be sold until the end of 2005 or until stocks run out.

The good news is that I believe MMP are looking to reprint the Pegasus Bridge SASL CG in a Journal at some point, but I recall (I hope correctly) that MMP have said it won't be the next journal as it's content is pretty fixed. So the best bet is to grab a copy now before the Boardgamer sell out of that particular issue. If I read their listing right, there are 37 copies left in print. :)

peterk1

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for the heads up on that one...

Would you be able to confirm that that's a campaign and not just a single mission.

The site ....

Volume 8, #1 (January 2003) - A new mission for Solitaire ASL from the Pegasus Bridge module by Ian Vickers

makes me think that it's just one mission.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I imagine they called it a solitaire mission simply because all solitaire scenarios are called missions. But to further set your mind at ease, I quote from the introductory paragraph:

The following is a mission for Solitaire ASL. It is a solitaire method of playing the second campaign game from the Pegasus Bridge module.
and further into the rules...
For all the scenarios: British set up first, German moves first. VPO locations remain marked as at the end of the preceding CG-Scenario.
I haven't played it yet (plan to some time) and it looks like the Friendly side is always the British.

peterk1

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well then that sounds very tempting. Thanks for the alert. Looks like I'm going to be picking up that issue. CG2 - is that the one without the landing or without the night? Memory might be failing me, but I think that's only the Day games.

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Sasl Rb

Hi Peter,

peterk1 said:
Hi Lars,

Should've known there was a comuter programmer behind it somehow. :)
It just came into existance because I didn't find any players after moving. Just had to play on that map when it came out!
Anyways it's a great idea and SASL Pegasus Bridge, Bridge Too Far etc, etc. look like they would also be good matches for this type of thing. Can't wait to take it for a whirl.
The RB thingie is in stasis AFAI. Don't see it happening unless some devoted SASL'er(s) can convince MMP it is wortwhile.

regards,
Lars