SASL - Mision 12 Besieged Question

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just wanting to clarify MSR 7 from SASL Mission 12 "Besieged".

MSR 7: Each Advance Attitude S?/Activated-unit moves towards the nearest FRIENDLY-Controlled VPO.

Couple of questions...

1. Does this mean that provided the S? or unit doesn't fail a panic check, it automatically gets a move command? Or does it mean that if it rolls a move command, it always moves toward the FRIENDLY VPO.

2. Regardless of the answer to the above question, how should I move the units towards the VPO? Full MF? Double-time? Fastest route (through the open)? Safest route (through >= +1 TEM)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
S? don't take panic checks, IIRW
I believe that you activate units normally and if they are ordered to move, they move towards nearest VPO (rather than FBE, for an example).
MSR7 only seems to specifiy the direction of the Enemy S? and units.
So, I'd roll on the Movement tables, which indicate what type of movement the unit(s) use...

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Robin said:
S? don't take panic checks, IIRW
Doh! I was really meaning just a unit taking panic check, but somehow I included the S? in the same question!

Robin said:
I believe that you activate units normally and if they are ordered to move, they move towards nearest VPO (rather than FBE, for an example).
MSR7 only seems to specifiy the direction of the Enemy S? and units.
So, I'd roll on the Movement tables, which indicate what type of movement the unit(s) use...
Okay... but a bunch of movement commands run contrary to MSR7. ie. Full MF, Random-at-Start or Random-each-Hex... So would you just be getting whether full MF, Assault move or double-time from the move command (and ignore any directional elements)?

Any other ideas?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Reepicheep said:
Okay... but a bunch of movement commands run contrary to MSR7. ie. Full MF, Random-at-Start or Random-each-Hex... So would you just be getting whether full MF, Assault move or double-time from the move command (and ignore any directional elements)?

Any other ideas?
Keeping the VPO as an objective, I'd ignore Random-at-Start and R-each-hex, but keep Full MF, Assault Move, Double time instructions... and choose randomly between hexes that correspond the same way to instructions...