SASL - Berserk units

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do ENEMY berserk units in SASL roll for Actions to check for panic? I'd assume not, but can't seem to find anywhere in S16 or S6 that specifically exempts them from doing so.

Pete

MSoffa

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That just happened to me. I did'nt even think about a berserk unit as something that would panic. I just took their action to be per the berserk rules and took it from there. No one compained yet. Oh, but I'm by myself.

Even if it's wrong it's something that could possibly happen so I don't feel too bad about the call. But if it's wrong I have another bad habbit to break.

Mike

MSoffa

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to 6.3 Automatic Actions (which berserk units fall under 6.301)all units must make an action DR EXCEPT 4.32 (human wave). So it seems that since they are not an exception to the rule a berserk unit could panic. Does'nt seem right though. If they are berserk they should be out of everyone control. And if they were berserk why would they panic? I think I would still play it as an exception to the rule. Just call me wrong way.

A berserk unit just adds more excitement. One more thing to deal with when you're already outnumbered. Just like the real world.

Well thats my $.02 .

Mike

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed, that's how I'm playing it. Doesn't make sense for a berserk unit to "panic".

On the SASL forum, someone pointed out rule S6.211 CONSEQUENCE: Each unit that Panics (whether FRIENDLY [16.3] or ENEMY) is immediately marked with a Panic marker for the balance of the current Player Turn or until broken or the unit becomes berserk/battle Hardens

Seems to rule out panic for a berserk unit. So I think that answers it.

Pete

Patton1138

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds to me like an immediate removal of the Panic, if you decide it has a right to be put on in the first place.