SAN TEM and bypass

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Is a vehicle in bypass deemed to have the in-hex TEM for the purpose of target selection? A14 doesn't mention bypass so I am thinking yes, since the vehicle is in the hex, but want to check.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is a vehicle in bypass deemed to have the in-hex TEM for the purpose of target selection? A14 doesn't mention bypass so I am thinking yes, since the vehicle is in the hex, but want to check.
It does say the "...the Location with the lowest TEM is the target." and since there is only a single location at ground level of the building/woods (i.e. the building/woods) being bypassed I would think that TEM would be used for Target Selection purposes.

Orphan76

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llUnited States
D2.38 "A vehicle in Bypass is in the Open Ground portion of the hex and is therefore not entitled to any beneficial TEM for the Woods or Building it is Bypassing"
Think we may have to roll a dice to settle this one?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D2.38 "A vehicle in Bypass is in the Open Ground portion of the hex and is therefore not entitled to any beneficial TEM for the Woods or Building it is Bypassing"
Think we may have to roll a dice to settle this one?
A vehicle is not a location.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
One only considers TEM that apply to a potential target:

A14.21:
"Only the lowest (to a minimum of zero) in-hex TEM/SMOKE DRM applicable to any eligible target currently occupying that hex, regardless of LOS, is considered in the comparison.."

Since building TEM does not apply to a vehicle in Bypass is not considered.