SA-10a Battalion not firing.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
In a scenario i have been working on, i have SA-10a battalions RUS 87 deployed along the PRC coast opposite Taiwan. Their radar is set to active.
When i play as the ROC i can fly straight through the SA-10s.
When i play as the PRC and try to manually fire at ROC aircraft, i am told target not illuminated.
Any suggestions as to why they are not illuminated?
I would like to rectify this problem, as the PRCs AD is rather pourous at present.

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just tested with the SA-10a Battalion and it successfully shot down enemy aircraft. Can you elaborate on your circumstances? Perhaps provide a scen file? It is often easier to attach a file than it is to describe the entire situation. Just hit the "Manage Attachements" button when you post a message and you can add a zip file to your message.

What aircraft were you trying to shoot down?
What altitude were they flying? (planes flying at VLow can often get very close before the FCRadar can detect them)
What engine were you running your test? H3? ANW? ScenEdit? Game Engine?

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
I just tested with the SA-10a Battalion and it successfully shot down enemy aircraft. Can you elaborate on your circumstances? Perhaps provide a scen file? It is often easier to attach a file than it is to describe the entire situation. Just hit the "Manage Attachements" button when you post a message and you can add a zip file to your message.

What aircraft were you trying to shoot down?
What altitude were they flying? (planes flying at VLow can often get very close before the FCRadar can detect them)
What engine were you running your test? H3? ANW? ScenEdit? Game Engine?

Herman,
The aircraft i was trying to shoot down were a mixture of F-5 IIs, Mirage 2000s and the Chung Kuo IDFs.
I think they were flying at medium. The TAI planes are mostly on air intercept missions or some air patrol. The F-5s have anti ship intercept mission mostly. At the time when they flew within the range of the SA-10s i do not believe that any were at VL.
I ran my test in H3ANW3.8.
None of the other SAM systems within this scenario seem to have a problem successfully engaging targets.
I have included a SCN file as an attachment of this work in progress scenario, i hope you are able to see what my problem is.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Found the problem.

It's another one of "those things that worked in H3 and won't work in ANW." A fix is underway and we'll get you a new edition of the PlayersDB soon.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Herman, i'm looking foward to seeing how the SA-10s perform in the new PlayersDB.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A revised edition of the PlayersDB has been released and the SA-10s are working like gangbusters.