The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi all,
Still relearning SASL after a lapse of about 15 years or more...
S8.62 FIBAL FIRE says "A Good Order Activated ENEMY unit eligible to Final Fire will do so if it has a Target."
The rule mentions the ENEMY Attack Table {A3} but not the Action DR - while the latter is clearly mentioned for Defensive First Fire (S8.61).
The case that a unit was not led to DFF (because no Activation Check {x1} conditions were met - cf. S8.61) but still has a target during DFPh exists (e.g. +1 DRM further than the D) trigger of table {x1}).

So here is my question: does an ENEMY unit roll on the ENEMY Attack Table {A3} to check if it panicks or not?

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,
Still relearning SASL after a lapse of about 15 years or more...
S8.62 FIBAL FIRE says "A Good Order Activated ENEMY unit eligible to Final Fire will do so if it has a Target."
The rule mentions the ENEMY Attack Table {A3} but not the Action DR - while the latter is clearly mentioned for Defensive First Fire (S8.61).
The case that a unit was not led to DFF (because no Activation Check {x1} conditions were met - cf. S8.61) but still has a target during DFPh exists (e.g. +1 DRM further than the D) trigger of table {x1}).

So here is my question: does an ENEMY unit roll on the ENEMY Attack Table {A3} to check if it panicks or not?
We've been rolling.

If they do not Def First Fire, then during the Def Fire Phase, if they have a target(s), we will either roll to see if it panics ( only has one target ) or will roll on the table to see if it panics and who it will shoot at ( multiple targets ).

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
If I'm understanding your question, section S6.12 applies; an activated ENEMY unit rolls on table A2 during the FRIENDLY player turn to check for panic, if it doesn't panic assign a target based on A3 as you mentioned.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks.
I was annoyed that 8.61 speaks of the Action DR but not 8.62.
I played as you both explained.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi again,
I have another question about DFPh: if more than one ENEMY unit can defensive final fire, which order am I meant to apply?
The S6.1 order of determination is specifically linked to the ENEMY PFPh and S8.62 is extremely terse and says nothing of the order...
I am applying the 6.1 order : did I miss something?

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Hi again,
I have another question about DFPh: if more than one ENEMY unit can defensive final fire, which order am I meant to apply?
The S6.1 order of determination is specifically linked to the ENEMY PFPh and S8.62 is extremely terse and says nothing of the order...
That is the way I have always played it, so I don't think you missed anything.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I am tempted to create a flowchart.
A lot of data is dispersed in various places.
I already have made a page of game aids.
Of course, the advantage when playing solitaire is that you can take your time to look up the rules... but when things drag, it is not much fun.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
I have a few aids that help a lot. I can't remember exactly where I got them, though I believe Texas-ASL is where I got most of it. Also in the SASL section here.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be willing to work with you on developing something.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First glance and I really like the Activation check table. Great idea

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just uploaded to Resources a SASL ASOP that I developed in 2011. I haven't updated it since and there may be a few errors but it still could be useful.

There are 3 PDF files, ENEMY, FRIENDLY and Pre Game

John L

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I just uploaded to Resources a SASL ASOP that I developed in 2011. I haven't updated it since and there may be a few errors but it still could be useful.

John L
Wow. Thanks!

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States

John L
These are more detailed then the one I was using. Thanks a LOT!

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

John L
I always have those blown up to tabloid size and laminated by my table for play since you released them. Great job.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Hi again,
Because section 6.x overall applies to phases beyond the ENEMY PFPh, I've always interpreted it to mean the north to south action order is intended generally, unless a standard rule overrides it (like Berserk units moving first, etc.)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks. I will play it that way.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was thinking of structuring the automatic actions in terms of unit types, e.g., actions that apply to Infantry, Vehicles and both. I've attached a rough idea.

Attachments