S7, Rallying

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
S7.1 says, "During the ENEMY RPh the player should attempt to Self Rally the two ENEMY MMC without a boxed broken morale that have the best chances of rallying."

But I do not see other information related to rallying. I presume leaders should attempt to rally first? Then you get a Field Promotion (A18) attempt? Then you get the above two "freebies" for SASL?

I'm not understanding how the ENEMY performs the Rally Phase.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The enemy rally is the same as normal ASL. The only difference is during the enemy player turn, 2 enemy units can attempt self rally, rather than just one.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Somehow I'd always missed that the ENEMY got two attempts. S7.1 is a little vague but I'm assuming these are considered field promotion attempts and can spawn a leader on either attempt if the dice come up appropriately?

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Yea. I suspect just a little "extra" to help the AI of the ENEMY player.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Somehow I'd always missed that the ENEMY got two attempts. S7.1 is a little vague but I'm assuming these are considered field promotion attempts and can spawn a leader on either attempt if the dice come up appropriately?
I've never really read it that way and have remained with A10.63. However, it is SASL and if it floats your boat, have at it.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is how I read it.