S61 Help Our Troops Out

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This scenario was released in Special Ops 7, and uses components from three Starter Kits (e.g. board z from ASLSK1, etc.).

The scenario has an SSR telling players to substitute a BAZ 44 for the second BAZ 45, because to date there is only one BAZ 45 in the ASLSK countermix. (It's in ASLSK2.)

The scenario also calls for three M4A3(75)W tanks. ASLSK3 contains two. I have not found a third counter anywhere. Must ASLSK players wait for the release of the PTO Kit, and a third M4A3(75)W? ;) Or should the SSR also advise players to substitute the M4A3(76)W in ASLSK3 for the third M4A3(75)W.

Enough of the potatoes. The meat, as it were, of this thread is the PaK 36r. Try as I might, I could not find one anywhere. I checked previous Operations and Special Ops counter sheets to be sure, but no dice (or PaK 36 r counters). (Unless HIP, it isn't in DaE either.)

Does the scenario merit errata for the AWOL PaK?

Support our ASLSK troops. :)

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris

I checked as well and could not find these. Must be scenario errata or there is no actual counters and there should be!?!

Thanks
Joe

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'll post a scan of the German OB on the card later this evening. Maybe it's supposed to be a 75L, in which case errata is definitely required.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It is probably an oversight as to which counters are available in the different SK products.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That would be my guess yes. The PaK 36r is a counter in BV, IIRC.
Right.

If so, then I think the scenario will need an (errata) SSR, as ASLSK players will not have access to the ordnance note for this Gun. More important for game play are the Special Ammo Depletion Numbers on the back of the counter. Mind you the APCR numbers are irrelevant given the date of the scenario, but Smoke might come in handy. Also, ASLSK has special To-Hit Tables, one for each piece of ordnance. That may require a more complicated fix.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Chris,

I checked my SK kit and there are four M4A3(76)W (A-C and another C). I keep my SK counters separate for scenario design just for this reason (however they are all dumped together so no idea which module they came from - EP maybe?). You are correct on the other counts.

Vinny

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Chris,

I checked my SK kit and there are four M4A3(76)W (A-C and another C). I keep my SK counters separate for scenario design just for this reason (however they are all dumped together so no idea which module they came from - EP maybe?). You are correct on the other counts.

Vinny
And you would be right. :)

I checked the counter sheets for ASLSK3 and ASLSK EP1. The former shows two M4A3(75)W, and one M4A3(76)W, while the latter shows three M4A3(76)W.

Scenario S61 calls for three M4A3(75)W.

ASLSK3 M4A3(75)W.png ASLSK EP1 M4A3(76)W.png