S53 Workers Unite

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
How did you consider ssr1 about fanatics ?
Particulary the end "and are subject to neither Cowering nor Desperation Morale".
My question is about this last item.
A conscript squad in one of the buildings, wich breaks, may not rout since it is not subject to DM ? Right ?

Reactions: wlk

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Believe the intent is only that the +4 DRM does not apply to their Rally attempts.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Although you could read it that way, if the unit were adjacent to an enemy unit would be eliminated for failure to rout. In my opinion the most likely intention of the SSR was to make the unit not subject to the +4 Rally DRM for being under DM only.

JR

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Although you could read it that way, if the unit were adjacent to an enemy unit would be eliminated for failure to rout.
Good point ! I decide to play it like fanatic rule from full, +1 moral and cower immune, nothing more...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Good point ! I decide to play it like fanatic rule from full, +1 moral and cower immune, nothing more...
I agree that the SSR is not worded as felicitously as could be desired and could stand a clarification.

JR

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
How did you consider ssr1 about fanatics ?
Particulary the end "and are subject to neither Cowering nor Desperation Morale".
My question is about this last item.
A conscript squad in one of the buildings, wich breaks, may not rout since it is not subject to DM ? Right ?
Hello Lorenzo,

I am the designer and the intent was that the unit is not subject to the DM +4 DRM. Nice catch and I agree poorly written but it was the first scenario I ever had published!

This one was designed like a Schwerpunkt scenario so that the Germans have to come out of the gate swinging and not let up. Someday I might go back and do the ASL version of this as the German has a Flamingo unit (Pz Is with FT) that had to burn the workers out of every factory and basement!

Let me know if you have any more questions.