S43 Clearing Carentan - 2 versions published

ireland94

Starter Kit Teacher/Mento
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are Erlandsen and I have found an odd issue with this scenario published by MMP and in the Beyond the Beaches ASL Starter Kit Bonus Pack #1. Comparing our two copies we found the my version clearly indicates 2 German LMGs, while his version clearly indicates one German LMG. Stated another way, my copy has a red 2 under the German LMG in the O/B while his does not.
We can find no errata for this. Look at your copy and post and let us know what you find.

Chris Bryer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With that OBA and small map I can tell you from personal experience that 1 German LMG is better. :)

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Are Erlandsen and I have found an odd issue with this scenario published by MMP and in the Beyond the Beaches ASL Starter Kit Bonus Pack #1. Comparing our two copies we found the my version clearly indicates 2 German LMGs, while his version clearly indicates one German LMG. Stated another way, my copy has a red 2 under the German LMG in the O/B while his does not.
We can find no errata for this. Look at your copy and post and let us know what you find.
Must have been an old IIFT play-test version. :devious:
My personal copy of this scenario shows the Jerries with two LMG.
Curious discrepancy. But not curious enough for me to open my other copies of Beyond the Beaches to check. ;)

ireland94

Starter Kit Teacher/Mento
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mystery solved. When Are Erlandsen scanned the document he ran it through some sort of OCR. For some reason, the red 2 under the German LMG was not picked up. He examined the original he owns and it had a red 2 on it just like mine and everyone else has that responded to this thread. Thank you all.

Last edited: