Ruweisat Ridge II Italian Setup Question

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am preparing to set up the Italian forces in scenario RR#2, 'The Australian Try'. Regarding the Italian OB, specifically the AT gun units which are required to "set up in Level 1 or higher hexes on/west of bestow MM":

2-2-7 x2
7-0 leader x 2
47/32 AT gun x1

Here's my question:
Should this group contain a second 47/32 AT gun?
It seems rather odd that there are 2 crews and 2 leaders listed for only 1 gun. OB errata perhaps?

Hopefully the scenario designer has an answer.

Thanks for reading!

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
It is the same in the 2012 edition. This scenario was not in the original 1998 edition. I did not go to Desperation Morale to see if this scenario was brought in from some other product. Good luck!

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is the same in the 2012 edition. This scenario was not in the original 1998 edition. I did not go to Desperation Morale to see if this scenario was brought in from some other product. Good luck!
Yes, my version is the 2012 edition.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
according to DM, it is a rework of the scenario in this old CH on-line fanzine. It does have two AT guns but only one crew - ha!

Attachments

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
according to DM, it is a rework of the scenario in this old CH on-line fanzine. It does have two AT guns but only one crew - ha!
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll add the second A-T gun.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll add the second A-T gun.
You could ask ray direct - I can PM you his email address if you desire to. but from my experience, he will likely offer you "the opportunity to write an official errata for the scenario" yourself. (At least that is what he did for us with two items from TRBH's scenario "Gona's Gone".)

KRL, jon H

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How is this product? I've been thinking about picking up a copy to dip my toes into desert ASL and wonder how those who have this product have enjoyed playing it. Also, does the 2012 edition come with all the Italian counters needed for play (I don't yet own "Hollow Legions" so only have a handful of Italian counters salvaged from the Starter Kits)? I would be grateful for any comments (and sorry to hijack this thread).

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How is this product? I've been thinking about picking up a copy to dip my toes into desert ASL and wonder how those who have this product have enjoyed playing it. Also, does the 2012 edition come with all the Italian counters needed for play (I don't yet own "Hollow Legions" so only have a handful of Italian counters salvaged from the Starter Kits)? I would be grateful for any comments (and sorry to hijack this thread).
I own and play the 2012 version, and I am very pleased with it. Avoid the earlier first edition which comes in a dark brown folder, the colors on the mapsheet are absolutely hideous. The 2012 edition map is very nice, and no overlays or desert geo boards are required for any of the scenarios.

All unit counters required to play the scenarios are included, although you may need a few additional dm SW counters and Italian SMC's for when they start ELRing. There probably aren't enough counters included for the CG though. The scenarios tend to have large OB's, 10or more turns, and there is quite a bit of OBA. Some of the scenarios are night, although there are SSR'S to simplify the process somewhat.

Side note, it you're going to play on VASL, the only map available is the ugly first edition map.