Ruth! Ruth! Ruth! We March! - Feld Marshal Arnhem vs. General dannybou

Arnhem

Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
Hi all,

Sorry about the long lapse in updating the AAR. Just a brief update as I can't remember the details of my latest turn.

What we have so far is a large hole where VII Corps used to be. Surprisingly, the major factor that's slowing me down isn't so much the roads as the weather, add to that the addition of 2 PzDs in the OOB and you can see my opponent has his hands full. American reinforcements have started to show but not in numbers large enough to influence any large scale change in the operational objectives.

On paper, it looks like I have Danny between the Meuse and a hard place but he has significant reinforcements on the way, on my part I am looking towards moving units forward into defensible positions where they can weather the onslaught. My reinforcements are not to be sneered at either, consisting of several Pz and PzGr Divs, albeit somewhat lacking in the quality and equipment level departments. The game is afoot!

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This game is progressing although this last turn was a night turn. In the north, I managed to stop the German advance at some points and fighting desperetly to throw back the Huns and relieve the Ridge which is still holding. Difficult to fight King Tigers with Stuarts and Shermans.

In the Centre, the 82nd is in a strong defensive position, fighting parts of the 1st SS. BTW I have a surprise for them.....

Bastogne is a slugfest. I lost control of the town and am attempting to secure my position and wait for Patton.

In the south, I am starting to hurt. Although I can hold, my troops are getting tired and disrupt easily. Can hardly wait for clear skies when my aircrafts can tear the Germans a new ******e!!