Russo-Japanese War Google Earth file

feld

Reaction score
attached please fine a Google Earth (.kmz) file containing a bunch of places significant to the Russo-Japanese War.

I wrote this file because for two reasons:
1. Corbett's Maritime Operations in the Russo-Japanese War (which I'm lately reading) contains a very thorough account of the naval campaign and I wanted to visualize these operations.
2. As a 21st century American, I was completely lost reading English language histories of the war because the authors were using names for places that have long since fallen out of use.

So I started poking around the net and found a few old US Navy Asiatic Coast Pilots and some good scans of old maps. My sense is that most of the people on this list are more interested in World War I but I figured to post these here anyway just in case.

I've tried to use the color scheme from Distant Guns.
Russian positions are in blue
Japanese Fleet Rendezvous are in red
Geographic/place names are in yellow

If there is a "(?)" in the name of a place mark it means I'm not sure that this is the correct place. Any help with these would be appreciated.

Many thanks to bullethead for giving me the idea in this post here and allowing me to use his original file of Port Arthur fortifications in my own.

Just unzip and load into Google Earth. Please post any suggestions you may have or errors you notice here.
View attachment 29431

v/r
feld

Last edited:

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very nice! I'll look at it in more detail when I have the time, but I'm quite impressed :).