Russian Elite in RO X-TAG

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Are the Russians Elite in RO X-TAGas they are the 39rd Guards as per A25,2 and C8.2?

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Are the Russians Elite in RO X-TAGas they are the 39rd Guards as per A25,2 and C8.2?
No, not Elite as the rule is written, the rule only applies "in a printed scenario".

C8.2 An armed-vehicle/weapon in a printed scenario is Elite for this purpose if so specified by an SSR or if....

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think one can interpret both clauses of the rule to apply to "in a printed scenario".

C8.2:
An armed-vehicle/weapon in a printed scenario is Elite for this purpose if so specified by an SSR or if the historical formation to which it belongs is either SS or Russian Guards.

Though this rule was written well before the first HASL appeared. Since it only mentions "printed scenario" and "DYO".

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I think the terms 'Historical formation' and 'belongs' to is unclear for a CG scenario.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas's observation that C8.2 may not have anticipated the HASL situation is probably the easiest path to permit either a clarifying Q&A or errata.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Klas's observation that C8.2 may not have anticipated the HASL situation is probably the easiest path to permit either a clarifying Q&A or errata.
A25.2 should also be considered.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenario describes the unit fighting as Guards. But we are talking about two find in the initial OB. I guess it matters on the smoke ... for the side on defense. So it is probably a moot point.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
The scenario describes the unit fighting as Guards. But we are talking about two find in the initial OB. I guess it matters on the smoke ... for the side on defense. So it is probably a moot point.
It's also ACPR for the AT guns. And Tanks?
Dave

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's also ACPR for the AT guns. And Tanks?
Dave
2 x 76* IN and 2 x 45LL. No tanks in the initial OB. The 45LL - which I overlooked in haste - is important. The issue would be the CPP on the initial OB. Probably Guards.

I think that also plays to STAVKA's point in the context of the CG: reinforcements and CPP from regular troops or the elite parent division. Without a specification of the division from the replenishment phase ... regular troops, not Guards.

Last edited:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think one can interpret both clauses of the rule to apply to "in a printed scenario".

C8.2:
An armed-vehicle/weapon in a printed scenario is Elite for this purpose if so specified by an SSR or if the historical formation to which it belongs is either SS or Russian Guards.

Though this rule was written well before the first HASL appeared. Since it only mentions "printed scenario" and "DYO".
But wouldn't a HASL scenario be* a "printed scenario"?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
But wouldn't a HASL scenario be* a "printed scenario"?
Without an SSR for the specific HASL I think it could be tough to determine which part of the OB is Guards.

Take CG III of VotG as an example: Elements of the 13th Guards Rifle Division and 284th “Siberian” Rifle Division - which units/RG would be Guards?

One could always drop MMP a Q&A.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, agree there...

I am speaking to a H series scenario that has all Guards ...wouldn't that still qualify as a printed scenario even though a HASL...VoTg 8 EX....Votg 10...even 12 where you can tell the Guards from the non-Guards

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I honestly don't know for a HASL. For X-TAG, best is probably to drop MMP a Q&A - or perhaps reach out to Fortenberry and ask how it was playtested.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I honestly don't know for a HASL. For X-TAG, best is probably to drop MMP a Q&A - or perhaps reach out to Fortenberry and ask how it was playtested.
How it was PTed should surely be known by MMP via PT reports and general discussion and the like.

I have submitted a Q and A on the general topic and specific topic of certain VotG scenarios as the teleprompter is likely telling you....