Russian AFVs unclear

skippen

Reaction score
First name
Scott
Country
llUnited States
While playing last night the counters for Russian AFVS seemed very unclear when zoomed in to read the details. Have they not been upgraded? Something going on? I remember them being far more readable.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Approximatively Visible Silhouette

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
While playing last night the counters for Russian AVS seemed very unclear when zoomed in to read the details. Have they not been upgraded? Something going on? I remember them being far more readable.
The fonts have been updated. They will appear clear regardless of zoom level. The vehicular artwork itself has not been redone AFAIK. To do that in a way that it is transformed to vectors (I believe this is what would do the trick) would be a titanic s***load of work that people would probably recoil from even if paid for...

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know, the idea of a high definition VASL is JUST the kind of rabbit-hole I love to fall down. If a free tool like Inkscape can do the raster to vector conversion for the counter art work I think you could divide up the work amongst a number of people once a "standard" format was decided upon.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
It's been over 20 years since I've even been able to see what the correct name of any tank is anyhow.

I've been working off movement rates, armour, and gun for 3/4s of an ASL lifetime.