Russian AFV MA Gun Depression/Elevation ?

heggieb

Reaction score
First name
Burnie
Country
llUnited States
Seems there is a rule or Q&A about Russ. AFV's not being able to depress MA besides C2.6, but I cannot find it. Sorry I know this has been posted before.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
AFV's not being able to depress MA besides C2.6, ...
Ach ja, good ol' C2.6...

I remember losing a scenario because I did not know this one.

I sat defending atop a cliff close to the board edge with guns & tanks guarding the bottleneck beneath. The enemy had to exit a certain number of EVP. And he headed right towards that gap making me chuckle and thinking: "Well, you'll see where that gets you, buddy!"

You see it coming - he waltzed his units right past me for an easy exit, gleefully waving upwards. I shouted at my tank- and gun-crews: "Depress! Depress! Verdammt noch mal!" They answered: "But Herr Oberst, we do depress you. Just like you have ordered."

In the hurlyburly of the war, this page has been lost from the divisional history. In fact, it has never really happened. It is just one of those malignant stories which that imbecile Major von Schoff is spreading around in an attempt to curtail my advancement...

von Marwitz

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're probably thinking about HD manoeuvre attempts where CT Red Army tanks add a +2 to the attempt (D4.2). This would mean a BU T-34 could not gain HD status (+2 Red Army, +1 BU).
Remember the (missing on the chart) -1 for pregame onboard setup.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Ach ja, good ol' C2.6...

I remember losing a scenario because I did not know this one.

I sat defending atop a cliff close to the board edge with guns & tanks guarding the bottleneck beneath. The enemy had to exit a certain number of EVP. And he headed right towards that gap making me chuckle and thinking: "Well, you'll see where that gets you, buddy!"

You see it coming - he waltzed his units right past me for an easy exit, gleefully waving upwards. I shouted at my tank- and gun-crews: "Depress! Depress! Verdammt noch mal!" They answered: "But Herr Oberst, we do depress you. Just like you have ordered."

In the hurlyburly of the war, this page has been lost from the divisional history. In fact, it has never really happened. It is just one of those malignant stories which that imbecile Major von Schoff is spreading around in an attempt to curtail my advancement...

von Marwitz
Even better....Your acquisition follows him yet you can't even fire it as he doesn't leave your LOS.