Run time errors: 11, 10 & 6

Gallowglass

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Playtesting a scenario I have had the above errors on three runs.

They all occurred during artillery or air strike resolution at a relatively late stage, turns ranged from about 15 to 27.

I have been able to play through to game end.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't believe I've ever seen RTEs 10 or 11. RTE 6 I think I've seen; I'll have to check some notes at work, but it may be related to attack helicopters getting shot up.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Checking:

We've seen:

Unit Death = RTE 6 Overflow
Kill a unit with CAS strikes and get Run Time Error #6: Overflow. Seems the program doesn’t handle the death of units due to CAS.

Does that fit what you saw?

The helicopter error was RTE 9. :)

Gallowglass

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
RTE 11 is divide by 0 error (or overflow?)

RTE 6 sounds right.

I can't remember the description for RTE 10

I think the moral is save early, save often?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not only save early, save often, but also keep careful track of what happened just before each crash, if possible. :)

davegruenbaum

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Runtime error '76'

i am trying to put the final touches on a scenario, OBJ Peach, the 2-3 April 2003 defense of a bridgehead across the Euphrates by TF 3-69 Armor against two Iraqi mechanized brigades supported by a Special Republican Guard Brigade.

i have tried creating Red Ambush events, but when i try to save the event, i get this message:

Runtime error '76':
Path not found: 'C:\Program Files\Decisive Action|events\2.ico

once i click on the OK button the program shuts down

does anyone have any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong, or is there a recent update that i may not have loaded?

i think that the events depicted in the events list is adequate, but i can't get them to "take". however, i CAN create just a combat event, with a caption such as "Car Bomb" or "IED", and it seems to be accepted, just so long as i do not try to select from the event menu.

thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given the error 76, the obvious question is... do you have an \Events\ folder in your Decisive Action folder, and a "2.ico" file inside it?

This is version 2.04g, yes?

In general, though, I'm confused. :-/ Can you go into more detail of precisely what you're doing? Can you repeat the error by loading a standard scenario and putting in an ambush event?

davegruenbaum

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
runtime errors

hello, James,

I checked, and i had Version 2.04 but not the latest Version i could find, 2.04b. So i did download and install 2.04b, and tried it again. It again crashed once i tried to save the event. This time the runtime error showed up as '53' rather than '76'; maybe i'm making progress.

I did create Data and Event folders, but i did have to do so myself, they did not extract from any of the downloads i have done. Since i had to create them, they both are unpopulated with any items, and i have not been able to find any "2.ico" file anywhere.

is there a Version 2.04g in existence? if so, where can i find it since i have only been able to find 2.04b as the latest.

do you have any suggestions as to where any 2.ico or any similar files may be lurking?

What i am specifically trying to model are the myriad Saddam Fedayeen ambushes and suicide attacks by handfuls of determined but tactically inept true-believers as elements of the 3d ID crossed the Euphrates into the Red Zone. there were also the various locals scooting along the highways in cars and vans who apparently were unaware that these tanks and AVFS were on a mission and loaded for bear, and got themselves killed by approaching too closely.

i like the menu of event types and the trigger choices, but i am frustrated by not being able to get the program to take my events. by the way, i have chosen "None" for the Special Effect File (i don't want to fool around with loading any extraneous audio, picture or video effects IF i could figure out how to create them anyway), and i have tried all of the Combat Effect settings to see if changing them helps.

the only thing which SEEMS to work is to create the Event but leave the Event Type blank, and NOT select a description for it, instead putting the description into the Event Message.

do you have any guidance for me?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm slightly in the dark here because I use DA at work, and CGSC's version isn't the same as the civilian version.

If 2.04b is the most recent version available from HPS, then that's what you've got. I'd thought 2.04g was out, but I may be wrong!

What is the message you get with error 53?

Suggestions:

1) Create a 2.ico file in the Events directory. Just take some other .ico on your system, copy it over, and rename it. Might work. :)

2) The attached pictures are just jpegs. Find a small one and try adding it.

3) I assume you're adding an effect (slow-stop and/or casualties)?

4) How many events do you have in the game? There's a cap of around 18 to 20.

K_GRANDT

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
davegruenbaum said:
i am trying to put the final touches on a scenario, OBJ Peach, the 2-3 April 2003 defense of a bridgehead across the Euphrates by TF 3-69 Armor against two Iraqi mechanized brigades supported by a Special Republican Guard Brigade.

i have tried creating Red Ambush events, but when i try to save the event, i get this message:

Runtime error '76':
Path not found: 'C:\Program Files\Decisive Action|events\2.ico

once i click on the OK button the program shuts down

does anyone have any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong, or is there a recent update that i may not have loaded?

i think that the events depicted in the events list is adequate, but i can't get them to "take". however, i CAN create just a combat event, with a caption such as "Car Bomb" or "IED", and it seems to be accepted, just so long as i do not try to select from the event menu.

thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
My question is ,how did you get the 'event editor"to work in the first place? The selection is always greyed out in mine. I have no events folder,either,in my da folder. I have the latest version as well.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
K_GRANDT said:
My question is ,how did you get the 'event editor"to work in the first place? The selection is always greyed out in mine. I have no events folder,either,in my da folder. I have the latest version as well.
The Event Editor MUST be accessed from the "Red" side.