Rules Reference for Smoke Affecting Entire Hex?

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ran into this situation last night, and I couldn't find the rule to support my argument.

My Stug fires smoke at concealed units in Level 1 of a building from 4 hexes away...no LOS to his concealed units at Level 0. I score a hit on this upper level, and I'm sure that the smoke not only fills this upper level, but the ground level as well. However, my opponent contested this, and I couldn't find the rule that says the smoke will also fill the ground level of the hex after an upper level hit.

Can anyone point out the rule that supports my POV? We both looked through the rules, and I think we just overlooked the rule reference to this.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
C8.52

"SMOKE ammunition is always placed at ground level in any target hex which is hit on the Area Target Type, except Interior Building hexes, even if the only visible part of that hex is the upper level of a building."

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
C8.52

"SMOKE ammunition is always placed at ground level in any target hex which is hit on the Area Target Type, except Interior Building hexes, even if the only visible part of that hex is the upper level of a building."
IIRC, there is an exception in chapter G for Caves. Que JR . . . .