Rules of the forum

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
BigDog said:
Have you looked at Alabama Don? Property can be a steal if you are willing to drive a bit. The $15,000 I gave for my 5 acres is considered high for the area I am in but it was worth it to me. I have seen land in reasonable chunks for as low as $200 an acre. Alabama also has alot less restrictive laws than many of the neighbooring states.
They still give away land like that over here. Well in towns that are turning into gohstowns, its better to give land to someone on a pension or those that don't mind living in economically depressed areas, and then supply goods and services to them.

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
BigDog said:
Have you looked at Alabama Don? Property can be a steal if you are willing to drive a bit. The $15,000 I gave for my 5 acres is considered high for the area I am in but it was worth it to me. I have seen land in reasonable chunks for as low as $200 an acre. Alabama also has alot less restrictive laws than many of the neighbooring states.
Bloody Hell - $200 per acre, where can I get a Visa :nuts:

BigDog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a catch to these kind of prices. Generally you are looking at having to purchase a block of 1000 acres or so. However I have seen locally some resonable blocks, say 40 to 100 acres at those prices. Also land like this is in the sticks. It may be an hours drive to the grocery store. But one has to look at ones priorities. Its so nice being able to watch wild game in the yard. If me and my friends want to have a party no problem. We can get as loud and build as big a bonfire as we want. If I can't take a piss of my front porch and then fire away with my assault rifle I just don't want to live there. :devil:

It was something I noticed in Europe that is just hard to put into words. I could look at the land there and tell it had been lived on, trod upon for 1000s of years. I suspect there is no hope of it but I really hope America never becomes like this.

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don Maddox said:
Radbabe is from the south and I doubt she will like cold winters or snow, so that means we're mainly looking in the south. Anything is possible though.
I was just about to suggest Canada until I read the above quote. :D
We really need doctors up here :dead:

Prester John

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ER_Chaser said:
oh man, I cannot believe you! :eek: How can any MAN refuse to go to SYDNEY!! oh MAN!! :rolleyes:
:love: :D
Sydney is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want live there. Cost of living is high and traffic is terrible compared to Brisbane or Perth.

Reaction score
tigersqn said:
I was just about to suggest Canada until I read the above quote. :D
We really need doctors up here :dead:

That's the beauty of living in Vancouver. You still get all the social and cultural benifits of Canada, just without all the snow and ice. You have to be able to deal with the liquid sunshine though. :D

MikeJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Martin Schenkel said:
That's the beauty of living in Vancouver. You still get all the social and cultural benifits of Canada, just without all the snow and ice. You have to be able to deal with the liquid sunshine though. :D
Hasn't rained much here in the past several years. Some kind of weather pattern/climate change. At least now it's easier to fully appreciate BC's natural beauty ;).