The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Corporal Kindel said:
Thanks, good to know that, now I know which gun it is. Now, how in the hell did the French develop a 47 HEAT round for this 47 which was as good as a PF?
No, that French Gun only fires APCR and not HEAT... anway, HEAT is only available for Germans in May 42+ and for the US/Brits/Russians in 1943.
I haven't found a 47 HEAT anywhere (perhaps AoO will give us the answer?).

KevinG

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NRBH so I'll look it up - I think it said something along the line of 'only vehicles with vulnerable PRC can lose ?' but that is very much from memory;

J. R. Tracy

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Forgotten:

- Rolling the X number on a firelane attack breaks the MG - cost me a tasty FL in my game against Jim Taylor.

Never knew:

- British and other Commonwealth troops pay Captured Use penalties when using American bazookas and mortars (found this reading up on the Free French for Constant Sorrow).

- When aiming at a vehicle in bypass, you aim at the covered arc focal point, but the hex occupied by the vehicle must actually be in your covered arc. I thought the CAFP (or any vertex for that matter) was common to adjoining covered arcs. This was huge in my game against Michael - the rule makes sense logically, as pointed out by Mel Falk, but I've misinterpreted it all this time.

JR

Last edited:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray Wolosyzn taught me a tactic I hadn't expereinced in 1300 or so games of ASL-

One can remove a '?' counter from a closer unit to prevent subsequent fire uring the movement phase!

Also learned that a LLMC takes place in melee (NOT during CC, however.)- As a sniper bagged the leader therein. :whist:

Pete 'ASL is a journey' Shelling

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
wrongway149 said:
Ray Wolosyzn taught me a tactic I hadn't expereinced in 1300 or so games of ASL-

One can remove a '?' counter from a closer unit to prevent subsequent fire uring the movement phase!
Provided that the "?" is dropped before a shot is declared.

wrongway149 said:
Also learned that a LLMC takes place in melee (NOT during CC, however.)- As a sniper bagged the leader therein. :whist:
Hmmm, I'll check the Book on this one ... ;)

wrongway149 said:
Pete 'ASL is a journey' Shelling
Agreed!

=Jim=

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
"A26.11 A non-bypassing armed vehicle (or armed PRC) prevents the opponent from gaining Control of the Locationlhexlbuilding it occupies"

Right, but Jazz'z vehicle was in bypass (at least I think he said it was in bypass).

So it seems an armed vehicle (in motion) in bypass does not deny control.

Peace

Roger

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
rdw5150 said:
"A26.11 A non-bypassing armed vehicle (or armed PRC) prevents the opponent from gaining Control of the Locationlhexlbuilding it occupies"

Right, but Jazz'z vehicle was in bypass (at least I think he said it was in bypass).

That's correct, the quoted sentence isn't the best to quote though, because the next sentence of A26.11 says: "An armed vehicle in bypass of a building prevents the opponent from gaining Control of the Location/hex, but not from gaining Control of the building."

So an enemy MMC that advanced into the AFV's Location, would not gain control of its hex/Location (or any other hex/Location of the building of course), but still gain control of the building. :)

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
rdw5150 said:

Peace

Roger
Yup, it (they, it was 2-3 buildings) was in bypass.

Anybody who happens to run into Niel Stanhaggen, tell him I owe him a win....and probably a beer.... :OHNO:

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I learned....

Let's see:

1. All you need is a hero to get the elite modifier for ambush rolls.

2. Perry, Bret, and I finlly have it down that it costs 2 MF to move into Crest status from a gully location AND it costs 1 MF + COT to enter the immediate ADJACENT hex. So it's 2MF from open ground gully to Crest and then 2 MF to leave crest into the open ground hex.

3. Japanese squads step-reduce if they take a LLMC. If they can't reduce they are broken....

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
-Can’t toss a dc in your own location, even vs a vehicle, despite the above

What if your Japanese ? (if they will blow themselves up to get the enemy, I figure they would kill their own to kill the enemy) What if you have a DC Hero, can he charge into the location even if there are Japanese units in it ?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Too many rules renewals ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway149
Also learned that a LLMC takes place in melee (NOT during CC, however.)- As a sniper bagged the leader therein.

Hmmm, I'll check the Book on this one ...

A10.2 For each leader eliminated (whether by breaking when already broken, a mortal wound, or any other cause), after resolution of that attack (if any) all other friendly Personnel units with a currently lower Morale Level and in the same Location (or in the same moving stack, e.g., during Defensive First Fire) must take a LLMC [EXC: Riders (13.52, D15.55), Passengers (D6.651), Climbers (Bll.42), and units at a different level (2.8), or in CC (11.141)
The exception addresses the problem. LLMC occurs on the death of the leader except when the unit with the lower morale is in CC.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Japanese LLMC

Matt Book said:
3. Japanese squads step-reduce if they take a LLMC. If they can't reduce they are broken....
Well, I guess you mean "fail" :cheeky: a LLMC. Unbroken Japanese units, however, treat LLMC as LLTC (G1.62), so how would your item ever come into play? :confused:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Matt Book said:
Let's see:

1. All you need is a hero to get the elite modifier for ambush rolls.
I think you mean the stealthy modifier. Heros are elite, but that isn't a modifier for ambush, nor are all elite troops stealthy.

So long,
JR

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But heroes are both elite and stealthy:

A11.17 ANZAC, Gurkhas, Finns, Heroes, Commandos, and Partisans are always considered Stealthy unless Lax. See G1.6 for Japanese. Such Good Order troops receive a -1 drm to their Ambush status dr (11.4), Concealment Growth dr (12.122), Searching dr (12.152), and Search Casualties dr (12.154).

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Michael R. said:
Well, I guess you mean "fail" :cheeky: a LLMC. Unbroken Japanese units, however, treat LLMC as LLTC (G1.62), so how would your item ever come into play? :confused:
There was errata made for this very reason. (Perry pointed it out) The situation was a Japanese leader and squad took a 1KIA result. Random selection chose the leader, so the squad step-reduces or if he couldn't step reduce, then he would break.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jrv said:
I think you mean the stealthy modifier. Heros are elite, but that isn't a modifier for ambush, nor are all elite troops stealthy.

So long,
JR
Right, I meant stealthy, I used the wrong word, but what I meant was it adds a
-1 to the ambush DRM, even if part of a stack.

da priest

Reaction score
Matt Book said:
There was errata made for this very reason. (Perry pointed it out) The situation was a Japanese leader and squad took a 1KIA result. Random selection chose the leader, so the squad step-reduces or if he couldn't step reduce, then he would break.
Matt, the step redux or break is due to the 1KIA, not the "LLMC"....:smoke:

See no errata anywhere for G1.62.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
da priest said:
Matt, the step redux or break is due to the 1KIA, not the "LLMC"....:smoke:

See no errata anywhere for G1.62.
Right, that action is a given, but we are talking about plus the LLMC/LLTC, which ever one it is. Perry pulled out the errata and showed us the application to both Pleva and I. It's in addition to just the break/reduction result from the KIA.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
NRBH, but don't the Japanese take a LLTC when, normally, a LLMC would be asked for ?