Rules and Regulations for Tournament

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Here we go folks...

If you feel after reading the rules and regulations, I have left something out, or you disagree, or don't understand something, lets get it fixed before we start.

I will draw the pairings on the 19th.

This is my first time running a tournament, so please be kind if I make a mistake.

I didn't come up with a title yet, so if there are any suggestions...lets here them.

I know I suggested a double knockout format earlier....but after reveiwing the layout....it would take about a year to complete. I think the format I have will give everyone lots of enjoyment with a mirrored format.

I have a attched a copy of the rules in MS Word format if you would like to have one for yourselves.

Here goes:

2004 CS Tournament

General rules:

• All players must be able to know how to PM (private message), attachment of files to the forum, editing his own replies, and the zipping of game files.
• Each player will complete at least 1 turn every 48 hours. If for some unforeseen issue this is not possible at times, please email myself and your opponent with warning of a slowdown, and what your resolution will be.
• All optional rules must be turned on for all games by both players.
• Only vehicles or units with an abililty to fire can be used in combat situations.
• No-one shall try to draw OP fire with a unit that does not have combat capability unless it is loaded.
• Each player will attach his turn to the appropriate forum thread, and edit that same thread to post a new turn, while deleting the previous turn. There should only be one thread per player in the designated forum for turns.
• Each turn file must be zipped before attaching to your thread.
• The title of your thread will show your turn number and your side.
• It’s always best to attach your file to the forum, AND email it to your opponent. Things will move much quicker that way.
• Trash talk is absolutely encouraged!
• No-one can forfeit a game. All games must be completed by both players to keep it fair for everyone.
• The tournament has 16 players, so it will be a total of four rounds. 8 players knocked out in the first round, 4 will be knocked out in the second round, and 2 more in the 3rd round to decide the two combatants for the final round.
• Each player that completes a round will receive 40 bonus points per round. The runner-up will receive 60 bonus points, and the grand champion will receive 120 bonus points. Almost as good as a trophy!
• No-one shall post any negative comments about other players on the forum(trash talk excluded)eg: concerns over fairness of play or length of turn play. All complaints or problems must be directed to me by PM or email only.
• First round match will be paired by a blind draw.
• Each player will be assigned a number( 1 through 16), even number teams will be Allies in the first half of each mirrored match.
• All games in each round will be in a mirrored format.
• Total score after the mirrored game will decide which 8 players will advance to the second round(4 players to the third round, and 2 players to the final round).
• Second and third round pairing will be decided by seeding based on scores of the previous round. (1st plays 8th, 2nd plays 7th and so on,. and so on .)
• Always email or PM me with any issues or questions you may have. Let’s have a fun tournament.

Tournament Scenarios

Round one: “Retreat to the Tiger Position” 12 turns. June/44
Round two: “Tank Graveyard at Minsk” 18 turns July/44
Round three: “Gateway to Berlin: Seelow” 16 turns April/45
Final Round: “A Tale of Giants” 12 turns April/45

I will perpare a thread when needed for our turns to be posted.

If all goes well, we should be able to start on Monday the 21st of June.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
as for the title, how about
"Tiger's Struggle" or "Struggles of Tigers!" ... ? :)

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I like the suggestions so far....let me throw mine in. How about "Orsha to Berlin"

Condor55

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Sorry, count me out!

I'm not gonna make the 48 hrs deadline on a consistent basis....thanx for letting me in though and good luck!

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Condor55 said:
I'm not gonna make the 48 hrs deadline on a consistent basis....thanx for letting me in though and good luck!
This creates a problem now. I thought 1 turn every 2 days would be do-able by everyone. I stated that the turn rate would be 1 turn every 2 days on the sign-up thread. Maybe you misunderstood me when I said 1 turn every 48 hours in the rules. It is the same turn rate as stated on the sign-up thread. Please let us know A.S.A.P. if you still are not going to be able to play. What is a more acceptable turn rate for you? I need to change things if we are now at 15 players instead of 16.

Cheers,
Ray

Condor55

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
If there's no backup sitting on the bench....

...I guess I'll have to play, right?! It's gonna be very tough to meet the deadline, but I'd feel like a real *&^%$#@! if the whole thing would have to go on hold because of me....So I guess I'm back in ?!

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Condor55 said:
...I guess I'll have to play, right?! It's gonna be very tough to meet the deadline, but I'd feel like a real *&^%$#@! if the whole thing would have to go on hold because of me....So I guess I'm back in ?!
Buddy, it has nothing to do with you (the on-hold thing) ... please do not worry about it.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If it helps, I can back out and be an alternate. That would bring it back to an even number of players. Or we could open up the turn around time a little. Most of us are going to play pretty quick anyway. Also, we could keep the turn around time as is, but give everyone 2 or 3 "passes" for the times they can't get to a turn right away. After the third strike, they're automatically out.

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gnrl Confusion said:
If it helps, I can back out and be an alternate. That would bring it back to an even number of players. Or we could open up the turn around time a little. Most of us are going to play pretty quick anyway. Also, we could keep the turn around time as is, but give everyone 2 or 3 "passes" for the times they can't get to a turn right away. After the third strike, they're automatically out.
Not really necessary Confusion. If we were to hold the tournament and Condor could not hold up, I would drop out, and change the amount of players to be eliminated each round to be able to get to a final 2. I do think Condor is willing to participate.
I am not an oger whern it comes to getting the turns done on time. No-one is expected to be able to fulfill the turn requiremnts completely for a few months without the odd hiccup. We all have lives, but in reality, it is only an hour or so of your time every two days.

Cheers,
Ray

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Krink

Not sure id I massed this but how do you win a scenario? major? Minor Victories? What do we do in case of draws or are there any? Or is it just the points 40/60 and best point total?

Confused, sorry!

Big Ivan

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Big Ivan said:
Krink

Not sure id I massed this but how do you win a scenario? major? Minor Victories? What do we do in case of draws or are there any? Or is it just the points 40/60 and best point total?

Confused, sorry!

Big Ivan
Yes you did miss it Ivan...
It will be decided on the total scores after a mirrored match. The top 8 will advance in the first round.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Ray

Condor55

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Krink said:
<SNIP> I do think Condor is willing to participate.
<SNIP>

Cheers,
Ray
Yeah, I'm in. I may get back to you guys on how to post a zipped file to a MB or a PM (I have only just discovered what a PM is) :rolleyes: but I'm very much in.....

Thanx,

Toine

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Condor55 said:
Yeah, I'm in. I may get back to you guys on how to post a zipped file to a MB or a PM (I have only just discovered what a PM is) :rolleyes: but I'm very much in.....

Thanx,

Toine
I to don't know quite how to attach a zipped file to a post or a pm. Its is the same as attaching a picture to a post or is there anything special I would need to do??

Thanks, SoccerDJ

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
SoccerDJ said:
I to don't know quite how to attach a zipped file to a post or a pm. Its is the same as attaching a picture to a post or is there anything special I would need to do??

Thanks, SoccerDJ
Nothing special....
It's just like a normal post, except you can add an attachment. After your first post, and you want to add your 2nd and 3rd etc. turns, you will hit edit on your turn post, and then chjange the text that needs to be changed, then click on "manage attachments", delete your old turn and attach the new one.

As for a PM(private message)...you can right click on anyones name in the forum, and click" send a private message".

If you need further help, just let me know.

Cheers,
Ray

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
JeremyScott said:
Im up for a game, let me in

In due time MR. Scott. This tournament is well underway now. There will be another after this one ends. But it's not possible to jump in after the tournament has started.

Practice up for the next one. I see you have put up a request for an opponent. I would take you on, but I'm full at the moment, and the third round of this tournament is about to start.

Cheers,
Ray

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The final round is about to begin. I have started a new thread for that one. Please remember...no wagering on the matches. ;)

If anyone has any ideas for another tournament, please...lets start discussing it. I have a couple myself, but I'd like to hear what everyone else wants.

Cheers,
Ray

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Krink said:
The final round is about to begin. I have started a new thread for that one. Please remember...no wagering on the matches. ;)

If anyone has any ideas for another tournament, please...lets start discussing it. I have a couple myself, but I'd like to hear what everyone else wants.

Cheers,
Ray
Just a thought about a possible next tournament. Dont know if this is possible but is there any way that you could link a few games together for like a campaign b/w two players and have the losses carry over? I have no clue if thats even possible with PBEM but just a thought.

My other idea is to have a big team game. I've played one of these and had the most fun I've ever had play CS. As long as the players are committed and are really into it it is such a great experince. I wonder if you could organize something like that cause I know everyone would enjoy that alot.
DJ