The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi,
Someone is losing his nerves on BGG because the rulebook is OOP.
Do we know when it will be printed again ?

ASLurker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think MMP just posted on twitter that they are working on the next version of the RB. The pocket version of the ASLRB is always in print (as it's a print on demand book).

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The "next version" of the rules is not likely to be available any time soon. The pocket rules are not a replacement for the full rules, unless recent versions have slipped Chapter H in there.

New players need the full version of the rulebook. If they can't get it, they may decide to spend their gaming time elsewhere.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I only have the pocket rulebook and the LFT rat charts (started playing a couple of years ago) and have been limping along ok. I play solo a lot in which case I just miss out on the Chapter H references, or ask my opponent to look at his rulebook when I'm lucky enough to play opposed. I'd be happy to buy the full rulebook once it's available but the pocket edition is a reasonable place to start.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Perry posted this on BGG (thanks to him to have chimed in):
Still less than a month past Fall 2019.

That was the plan.

Then we deluded ourselves into thinking it would only take a little bit longer to include the existing errata and be able to have a bit of an update rather than just a reprint. That turned out to be more difficult than we thought. But we are (famous last words) close.

spear

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Ames
Country
llUnited States
Is there anywhere to get a copy of the rule book? My kit is left in Oregon with ex wife and I am not planning on recovering it. I would like to play VASL though. eBay has one but they are asking $280 which seems way too high. Any help appreciate.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
And we're back to the eternal problem: the pocket rulebook is not a complete replacement for the binder rulebook, which is the only source of Chapter H notes for Germans and Russians (and the p-book also doesn't come with a full set of tables). But, as a fix, it certainly comes in handy.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And we're back to the eternal problem: the pocket rulebook is not a complete replacement for the binder rulebook, which is the only source of Chapter H notes for Germans and Russians (and the p-book also doesn't come with a full set of tables). But, as a fix, it certainly comes in handy.
Conversely, it does have Chapters F and G. Right now the only way one can get Chapter F without buying a used copy of WoA.

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perry posted this on BGG (thanks to him to have chimed in):
Does Perry's comment mean that all known errata would be incorporated into the full rulebook reprint? That would be excellent if they do. Would that reprint include charts and such, or only the rulebook?

Agree with the above comments: pocket rulebook is not meant to be a replacement.

Chad

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I have seen images of the new Croix de Guerre components, where pages of the rulebook (including nationality distinctions pages) were included.
Perhaps will MMP take that occasion to include everything, errata comprised?

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does Perry's comment mean that all known errata would be incorporated into the full rulebook reprint? That would be excellent if they do. Would that reprint include charts and such, or only the rulebook?
That was what we wanted to do, and what I expected to do, but we had to put it off again. :(

Too many formatting issues spread across the expanse of the rulebook.

Can't wait any longer to get the ASLRB back into print, so we are going with a straight reprint.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
:(:(:(

I think we could all wait a tad longer for an updated rulebook...no?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed, and it is important to have the RB available for newbies to buy. Hopefully a concerted, ongoing project to create RBv3 remains in the works. I'm willing to offer any assistance to get it done.