Rubble

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The victory conditions of DBMAUSv2 require control of multi-hex buildings. If one hex of a two hex building is rubbled, does that eliminate it as a multi-hex building for VC purposes?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I would be inclined to say that a multi-hex building remains a multi-hex building, if only because otherwise the upper level disappears if it becomes a single-hex building [B23.22; B23.21]. What would happen to a unit that was on that upper level when it disappeared? But ultimately it is a question that might be put to the scenario designer.

JR

Last edited:

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would be inclined to say that a multi-hex building remains a multi-hex building, if only because otherwise the upper level disappears if it becomes a single-hex building [B23.22; B23.21]. What would happen to a unit that was on that upper level when it disappeared? But ultimately it is a question that might be put to the scenario designer.

JR
The designer left it up to me which is why I am here. The Q&A's discuss building control but are not specific to whether it is still a "multihex" building. IMO destroying one or more hexes of a multi-hex building during a game does not affect the characteristics of the other hexes in that building.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The one thing I would add is that a building that is entirely rubbled is no longer a building (a sleaze I have occasionally pulled out, so--scenario designers, don't give the defender DCs and buildings to defend unless you are prepared for the consequences), so there is a precedent for VC being directly affected by terrain changes. In theory one could make a scenario un-winnable when the VC is to control buildings, given enough DCs and/or a Sturmtiger. If you have contacted the scenario designer, and he has no opinion on the matter, I would tend to play as I said. But there is no rule on this one way or the other that I know of in the ASLRB.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got to agree with jrv that if one entire hex of a two hex multi-story/hex building is rubbled, the resultant single hex remaining of the building is no longer a multi-hex building although it may still be a multi-story building.

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A26.16 addresses jrv's loophole when it comes to fire, and I'd be tempted to extend it to other intentional destruction situations as well. However, this doesn't help with your specific rules question.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Got to agree with jrv that if one entire hex of a two hex multi-story/hex building is rubbled, the resultant single hex remaining of the building is no longer a multi-hex building although it may still be a multi-story building.
Looks to me that jrv still thinks it is a multi-hex building, as he wrote: "I would be inclined to say that a multi-hex building remains a multi-hex building,..."

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks to me that jrv still thinks it is a multi-hex building, as he wrote: "I would be inclined to say that a multi-hex building remains a multi-hex building,..."
I guess I was looking at his 2nd post as the remaining hex of a multi-hex building (say the original building was a two hex building for this purpose only) would not meet the criteria of a multi-hex building any longer [EXC: if addressed by an SSR].