Rubble depiction in buildinghexes

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi

Consider this picture. If LOS solely crosses the corner of building with a rubble depiction (R63) on what level is LOS blocked?

Attachments

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
O3.1 (and I know this isn't RB, but still), states that rubble outside the printed rubble depiction doesn't count. So given that, the question is does the building exist on either side of the LOS line? Hard to tell from your pic. I would be inclined to call that a full blockage, i.e. that the building depiction exists under that extra bit of rubble depiction. But I'm sure someone would argue just as effectively against, and were I at the table, I could probably be swayed.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The LOS touches the building outer black line. There is a tiny, tiny bit of black to the RHS of the red line just below the "3". No more than a handful of pixels, to be sure, but still there. The rubble only starts inside the lower loop of the "3".

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thansk, agree.

The question now is whether the rubble actually exist in that corner.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, the straight line of the building's wall goes up to the R62-R63 hexside.
I wouldn't consider it as rubble.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The rubble crosses the hexsides for movement purposes. For bypass of that hexsides, you would pay rubble cost not building costs.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The rubble crosses the hexsides for movement purposes. For bypass of that hexsides, you would pay rubble cost not building costs.
That is true, but you wouldn't be able to bypass R63 along the R62 hexside anyways. With this closer view, I would definitely say that the building depiction goes right to the hexside, any rubble outside R62 is (for this purpose) is a small portion extending across the hexside into an adjacent non-rubble location, and is ignored per O3.1. No LOS.

Last edited:

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
thanks all!

Out of curiosity what level would the rubble depcition (Corner) be?

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you are talking about the rubble strand in R63, then level 1.5, same as the building. If you are talking R62, then it's a 1/2 level LOS obstacle. Remember, rubble depicted outside the rubble hex has no effect whatsoever in the rules.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To continue, if you are talking about the small part of the building depiction in the rubble hex, that is ignored as rubble exist throughout the entire hex and is a 1/2 level obstruction to LOS as CTKnudsen intimated.