Rubble Creation

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In B24.11: "The level affected in an Area-Target-Type/OBA attack vs a multi-level building is determined via Random Selection among those levels hit."

Is this saying only occupied levels ("hit") are part of the RS? Or is every level considered in the RS?

I ask because, in effect, only occupied levels are actually hit (affected by the ift/IIFT) of ATT/OBA.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
For OBA I believe all levels are affected...even if empty.

B23.32:
"Indirect Fire is resolved simultaneously with the same Original Resolution DR vs each level of a building (provided it is not an Interior Building Hex), ..."

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Here's an old Q&A that touches a little on the subject....

B24.11 & B25.13 If an Area-Target Type/OBA attack versus a multi-level building rolls an
Original KIA, is each building level checked separately for Rubble/Flame purposes?
A. No – use Random Selection. However, only those levels in the LOS of the firer can be eligible
for Random Selection if that attack was made by non-mortar ordnance.
[An92; An95w; An96]

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's an old Q&A that touches a little on the subject....

B24.11 & B25.13 If an Area-Target Type/OBA attack versus a multi-level building rolls an
Original KIA, is each building level checked separately for Rubble/Flame purposes?
A. No – use Random Selection. However, only those levels in the LOS of the firer can be eligible
for Random Selection if that attack was made by non-mortar ordnance.
[An92; An95w; An96]
I think I misread the Q&A originally...

So, if the OBA observe only had LOS to level 2...and the unit is on the ground level...then only the level two could be rubble. I don't think that makes sense.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe if one applied a +2TH DRM to all building Locations not containing units (i.e. targets) and achieved a KIA Hit for that location on the ATT, that location would be considered for RS. For OBA I'm not quite sure what that's saying as all locations in the target hex are HIT but not all with the same effects DR and therefore I do not see how a KIA result on a higher level location could be applied to say a fortified Cellar location simply because of a RS dr [EXC: If all locations suffered a KIA result as well]. I would think the the individual effects DRM would have to be taken into account but lumping OBA into the same sentence with an ATT attack really leaves me stumped. Just talking in circles here. Disregard.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
OBA uses the same DR vs all levels in a hex. See post #2 above. NRBH, but IIRC OBA is Indirect Fire.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OBA uses the same DR vs all levels in a hex. See post #2 above. NRBH, but IIRC OBA is Indirect Fire.
I thought I had deleted my post after I thought about it and remembered it's the "original IFT DR" that would cause rubble and the TH DR has little to do with it except being able to attain a hit (for ATT anyway). I guess I just forgot to hit the "enter" key or something.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have to agree that all levels normally would be included in the RS. What about a level that couldn't be rubbled?

For example...RB map, building J22 (Hex J22) gets hit by 80mm OBA and the roll is a snakes...the CH is ignored for rubble creation. The 2 on the IFT is still a 2KIA. Stone building is a +1 for creation. The dr is a 1 which would be possible rubble to ground, L1 & L2...but not the fortified cellar. So would the cellar be excluded from the RS for rubble location? Or, is the cellar included and if the RS yields the cellar (only), no rubble happens?