RT: Beach party 2

shorty

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
How do I get across the water? The wolverine will not even breach the small streams? Am I to give a surtain order to breach - the grizzly will breach obstacles on its own?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To get across the larger bodies of water, there are hovercraft you load with your tanks and engineers, everything else is amphibious or flies. Be careful, though, as the hovercraft and amphibs are VERY vulnerable during the crossing!

Last edited:

shorty

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
But how do I get to the larger bodies of water? The hovercrafts will not cross the NE stream; and it is impossible to get them through the hilly terrain in the south?

shorty

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
By the way - I have three other RT missions that will not end, although the mission objectives are all met. Something you could look into Curt?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But how do I get to the larger bodies of water? The hovercrafts will not cross the NE stream; and it is impossible to get them through the hilly terrain in the south?
You have AAV's in the north that will cross the stream. You also have a platoon of them in the south. To get the other armor across, you also have engineer sections with bridging assets. The hovercraft are just transports to get you to the beach for that part of the operation. If you want to complete this mission, you MUST protect those bridging assets, or be forced to try and take the objective only with your AAV's and dismounts.

As for the scenarios that don't seem to end properly, please tell me which scenarios they are, as well as your saved games, if you have them. I will see what's going on if possible.

Regards,

Curt

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you run this Beach Party 2 savegame, you will see that I used the bridging assets to breach the river and allow follow-on vehicles to enter the objective and end the scenario. As for the other scenarios, I haven't figured-out why you get the issue about not completing your mission. However, despite this, it has no effect on the other scenarios or progression. If you met the objectives as stated, then you have beaten that scenario. Sorry there isn't really any fanfare or consequences. It is basically a challenge to meet. When I have time, I will try and see if a fix would be required. As I stated previously, this is the first time in seven years and several hundred copies of the game sold we have received a bug on the scenarios mission objectives not being met.

shorty

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Just as I would have expected to happen. But not with me. I just it another try - three vehicles set to cross the stream at three different places. All three vehicles will stop when reaching the stream.

This scenario is played on my new PC (WIN7) - the others have been played on my older PCs (XP). So I am curtain that it is not a hardware issue.

Come to think of it: I also had an issue in the beach party scenario. The MD500 helicopters would not fire on the enemy SOF teams. Is that supposed to be?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the bridging assets stop for a length of time to actually lay the bridge. In fact, if you plot a course over the bridging unit (you'll see a flashing "bridge" symbol), you can drive right across. You may get a stop-node as they are crossing, but just change it to "go" (green triangle) and across it goes. After the bridgelaying is complete, you will see a yellow "breech" line across the river and any vehicle can cross it. Just keep in mind, if you are plotting a route, and you get a red "X" along part of the route, that means that the unit can't cross that terrain. If there is no "X" then the unit can cross it, however, it may slow it down a great deal, or even change to a stop node. If that happens, then change the path node back to green and it should proceed. This may be unnoticeable to you if you are running in real-time or 2x time. I play mostly in 8x time, and it's pretty noticeable...

As for the MD500's, because the have fixed weapons, you almost have to fly directly over the unit, or stop within range and fire. They have a very narrow field of fire. You also have to ensure that the helo actually sees the enemy, or they can't (won't) engage, unless the target is being lased by another unit, and that isn't a capability in this scenario.

shorty

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
The helicopters are going over the enemy units and they are within sight - there is a red line between them.

See attached.

shorty

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Curt, I just tried moving on with your save game. The wolverine was able to cross the river above your crossing; but is agin stopped by a stream - this time the western one.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just ran your savegame and everything is working just fine. Helos are engaging just fine. I was mistaken about the helos, though - they will jire in any direction. I was thinking of fast-movers, like A10's and F16's. I have no idea what you aren't seeing, because all of the SOF teams were being engaged by the helos as I flew them around the area.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curt, I just tried moving on with your save game. The wolverine was able to cross the river above your crossing; but is agin stopped by a stream - this time the western one.
I will restate "Just keep in mind, if you are plotting a route, and you get a red "X" along part of the route, that means that the unit can't cross that terrain. If there is no "X" then the unit can cross it, however, it may slow it down a great deal, or even change to a stop node. If that happens, then change the path node back to green and it should proceed."

You change the stop node by right-clicking on that node. I just ran your savegame, and the Wolverine continues fine once the node is changed to green.

shorty

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Curt, this evening I did three attempts at 8x speed, lasting one hour in game each. Everytime the waypoint turned into a stop node, I turned it back to a go node.
BP2_17_test: For both the wolverine and the AAV at the easterly no progress was visible.
BP2_17_test_3: No progress for the wolverine was visible at the westerly stream.

This is far out, but the only connection I can see is that I have been running the game on Danish versions of XP and WIN7?:hmmm:

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, all I can say is it works fine in the English versions of Win 7 and XP. Since that seems to be the only difference, that must be the answer. I'm really sorry that I can't pin down the problem for you. Every savegame you have sent me works just fine.