RPT25 Cornwall's Rum Ration VC

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ok I am reading these VC and it is confusing. I assume normal rules apply but the way this is worded hints that the designer wants a different approach... What is the interpretation of the VC which say:

"The British win at game end if they control >=5 stone building hexes on/between U and Y with a (non-vehicular crew counter) MMC."

I read that as normal HEX control applies other than vehicles or their crews cannot take control (but they could deny control like an SMC)... Is that a correct interpretation?

Since the buildings in the VC are in the British setup area I assume that means they start the game under British control. Is that a correct assumption?

If a stone building hex is rubbled does that still count for VC? I assume not - that it is no longer a building HEX. Is that correct?

thanks,
Nathan

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok I am reading these VC and it is confusing. I assume normal rules apply but the way this is worded hints that the designer wants a different approach... What is the interpretation of the VC which say:

"The British win at game end if they control >=5 stone building hexes on/between U and Y with a (non-vehicular crew counter) MMC."

I read that as normal HEX control applies other than vehicles or their crews cannot take control (but they could deny control like an SMC)... Is that a correct interpretation?

Since the buildings in the VC are in the British setup area I assume that means they start the game under British control. Is that a correct assumption?

If a stone building hex is rubbled does that still count for VC? I assume not - that it is no longer a building HEX. Is that correct?

thanks,
Nathan
From the way the VC is stated adding the word "with" to it, I would assume you (as the British) must physically occupy and control said buildings with a non-vehicular crew MMC. Your other assertions seem correct to me.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would read it that way.
The VC seems to want to avoid vehicular crews which have abandoned their vehicles to gain control of the building hexes.
Yes:
A26.11 GAINING CONTROL: At scenario start a side gains Control of all Locations/hexes/buildings within its set-up area [EXC: if within both sides' set-up areas], as well as all Locations/hexes/buildings on a board if that side is the only side which may set up on that board at scenario start.
If a stone building hex is rubbled does that still count for VC? I assume not - that it is no longer a building HEX. Is that correct
Yes:
B24.1 ... A rubbled Location is no longer a building Location and a building totally reduced to rubble is no longer considered a building [EXC: for Rubble Clearance purposes; 24.71]
I hope I helped.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Initially, I wondered about this as well but there are many easier and cleaner ways to say that physical presence is necessary...
Doing a search the only info I could find were mentions of confusion but no indication of a correct answer.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
"Vehicular Crews are considered SMC for control purposes" would indeed be more clear - I seem to recall having seen such a wording in a VC text.