RPT18 Workers Settlement No. 8

furgie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played this twice, as each side. And both times after loosing the tank in the early game (I bog'ed it, my parter lost his first turn to the AT gun) the game fell to the Germans.

This seems too unbalanced as the Russians using SK rules if you loose the tank.

Any thoughts on winning after loosing the tank?

Mark

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Roar has it at 16-13 in favor of the Germans. I have played it twice in full ASL, once as each side, and both times the Germans won (once easily).

My opinion is that Roar has it corrrect, something like 55/45 pro German. However, to your question, if the Russians lose their lone tank, especially early, then they are in deep trouble.

There are limited approaches for attack and even more so for the tank (by SSR). The Russians need to attack with infantry forward (that is why they call 628s - goons), protecting the tank until an opportunity to use the tank for good effect shows itself (and the gun's location is known). Such opportunities are to neutralize the HMG or other key defensive stack, eliminate a key position for Failure to Rout or cut off a fallback position.

Rich

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this as the Russians using the full ASL rule set against a very good player at the ASL Open. It was a landslide German win. We both agreed afterward that it felt pretty pro-German if the German avoids the temptation to defend too far forward -- a "sucker's defense" as we called it. A slow methodical German fighting withdrawal is the key here.

KevinG

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Same here. Played Banozic at the Open and got hammered as the Russians. Firelanes from the central woods made it impossible for me make any progress... didnt get halfway towards the objectives...