RPT157 Ozarks And Frundsbergers - SSR Question

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am looking at RPT157 "Ozarks And Frundsbergers" from Rally Point #16, scenario design by Evan E. Sherry.

The SSR says:

The Germans may place one 2-factor anti-tank minefield in one paved road hex on board 53.

On this board, there are plain paved road hexes but also paved Narrow Streets (Village Terrain, B31.142 Mines).

Rules Quotes:

"B31.14 FORTIFICATIONS:
Fortifications not normally allowed in a paved road hex may be placed in a hex with ≥ one paved Narrow Street hexside unless prohibited by other terrain in the hex."

"B31.142 MINES: All mines set up in a hex that contain ≥ one paved Narrow Street hexside must be placed on-map revealed (i.e., with the type and strength of that minefield displayed) unless all the Narrow Street hexsides of that hex are also Crest Line hexsides formed by lower-Base-Level hexes. The removal of such revealed mines as per 28.53 is NA. Mines in either of the two hexes common to a Narrow Street hexside (or in both such hexes, if one contains A-P mines and the other A-T mines) can possibly affect a unit using Bypass along that hexside; however, if each such hex contains mines of the same type but of a different strength from that in the other Location, only the higher strength can be used to attack the Bypassing unit. [EXC to both: If that hexside is also a Crest Line hexside, only the mines in the lower-Base-Level hex are used]."

Question:

Are paved Narrow Streets considered a "paved road hex" in the sense of the SSR?

Thanks for your help,
von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, there is a paved Narrow Street. But if you consider control of building-hexes, then the buildings next to the Narrow Streets would certainly count as building hexes. However, tf that's the case, then they couldn't be Paved Road hexes.

In my game we played it that the placement of the AT-Mines on a Narrow Street would be NA.

Still not 100% sure, if this was correct to do so. Or if it was the intent of the designer.

von Marwitz