Routing to the 'Roof" , Is this correct ?

ppalma3010

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jack and I are in the middle of another Budapest scenario, and this situation popped up. I think we did it correctly, but it is always helpful to get clarification too.

Here is the issue.........

The " brokie " is on level 1, and must try to rout. He can not go down as he sees the AFV sitting there waiting for him, so he has to try and go upstairs. There are some Russians on level 2 also waiting for him, which he is not aware of though. So we played it as follows, the broken units head upstairs , and now can see the enemy , and so the brokies continue to the roof. Is this the correct rout path for the brokies, or will they be eliminated as they head upstairs ?

Thanks, much appreciated............

Attachments

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are correct, if they go down they would become ADJACENT to the AFV that they can see. Once they go upstairs they are ADJACENT to the squad that they can see for the first time this RtPh. That means that they continue up to the roof (assuming that it they aren't going to end up in OG to anyone).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...(assuming that it they aren't going to end up in OG to anyone).
I don't think that matter - once they need to re-calculate their rout target, the new rout target can be a Open Ground hex.....Interdiction might be into effect though. IIRC, No Quarter is in effect in Budapest, so there won't be any Surrender.

ppalma3010

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Much thanks for the answers fellows.................and some great pondering music,.................really great stuff.