Routing question

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Vichy French are blue.; It is their movement turn, Rout phase. No Quarter has not been invoked.

My take is the French, routing first, cannot stay in Open Ground in normal range of a Brit unit. They cannot rout without taking interdiction, but they cannot surrender to the Brits in EE4 as the are not ADJACENT.

So:
A. Must they rout to FF2, take interdiction, then rout to say EE2?
B. Can they Low Crawl to FF2?
C. Must they die for Failure to Rout?

I think C, but am not sure or I would not have made this post.

Thanks,
Rich

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
View attachment 8448

Vichy French are blue.; It is their movement turn, Rout phase. No Quarter has not been invoked.

My take is the French, routing first, cannot stay in Open Ground in normal range of a Brit unit. They cannot rout without taking interdiction, but they cannot surrender to the Brits in EE4 as the are not ADJACENT.

So:

The French are required to rout because they are in open ground and normal range. They are not required to surrender because even though their rout route would involve low crawl or interdiction, they are not ADJACENT to a known good order armed enemy infantry/cavalry. They may rout using either option A or B. The same would happen if EE4 was adjacent (e.g. no cliff) but the British were not infantry/cavalry (e.g. a tank).

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 8448

So:

Thanks,
Rich
For the reasons mentioned A or B are your options.