Routing out of an Entrenchment with Leader outside of Entrenchment

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
ASLRB (A10.41/B27.13) notes that a leader must be stacked with a broken unit in order to accompany the unit's rout. B27.13 does not address "stacking" but only that the two units are in the same location for rout purposes. "What's in your playbook?"

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on A5 stacking limits, and the fact that for stacking limit purposes, units in a foxhole and out of the foxhole are in the same location, ie the limit is not increased due to the foxhole, I would say that the leader and the squad is this hypothetical, are stacked together.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
B27.13 does not address "stacking" but only that the two units are in the same location for rout purposes.
A close reading of B27.13 says they are separate locations only for weapon recovery and TEM but is the same location for all other purposes. It also gives some examples but examples don't have to be all inclusive, they are only intended to give a flavour, a hint. An exception, on the other hand would only apply to the listed items and no others. So leadership DRM, routing, leadership MF boost, etc all apply as being the same location under the "for all other purposes" clause. So I am in agreement with tingley on this.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No one would question that a leader not sharing foxhole status with a MMC could direct that other unit. Routing is not different for the reasons tingley and Paul already articulated.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Thanks all. That is the way we played it but after so many years of play there are still nuances that I am not 100% sure about.