Routing in difficult terrain

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi

A broken unit is on a lvl 1 hill adjacent to a known enemy unit. The broken unit is encircled and no quarter is in effect. The only allowed rout path is into a stream lvl -1. As far as I understands the abrupt elev rules comes into effect and stream cost 3. Encirclement doubles the cost.

1. can the brokies rout?
  2. what is the final cost to do this move if allowed?

Last edited:

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

A broken unit is on a lvl 1 hill adjacent to a known enemy unit. The broken unit is encircled and no quarter is in effect. The only allowed rout path is into a stream lvl -1. As far as I understands the mit abrupt elev rules comes into effect and stream cost 3. Encirclement doubles the cost.

1. can the brokies rout?
  2. what is the final cost to do this move if allowed?
Encircled broken units surrender to adjacent units.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Encircled broken units surrender to adjacent units.
Not if NQ is in effect.

A10.5 says that "All broken units (including Conscripts) other than wounded SMC have six MF for use in the RtPh; this amount can never be increased."
So I think that the brokie who must spend 8 MF (abrupt elevation 1 MF + stream 3 MF, mutiplied by two) is eliminated fir Failure to rout.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Broken unit may low crawl to the stream. This is a " Low Crawl is a rout of one Location which requires the entire MF allotment of the routing unit (but is still considered a form of Assault Movement should the routing unit enter a FFE Blast Area)."

It does not matter tgat it costs more than the units available mf.

Reactions: jrv

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Ohhh that one was subtle, thanks Klas!. So in this case they will do a one hex normal rout spending more MF than they got. Is the stream (if non dry) location subject to interdiction in that case?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Ohhh that one was subtle, thanks Klas!. So in this case they will do a one hex normal rout spending more MF than they got. Is the stream (if non dry) location subject to interdiction in that case?
I think they are eliminated for FTR. They can only make a move with > their allotment if using low crawl.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
why? NQ is in effect.
They can't end the RtPh ADJACENT to a KEU. From what you say they can't rout. NQ doesn't allow them to make a Low Crawl, and it doesn't let them rout using > their MF allotment. They are eliminated for FTR.

JR

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
They can't end the RtPh ADJACENT to a KEU. From what you say they can't rout. NQ doesn't allow them to make a Low Crawl, and it doesn't let them rout using > their MF allotment. They are eliminated for FTR.

JR
A20.3 says when NQ is in effect they will always use Low Crawl or risk interdiction even if disrupted. I’m not seeing the LC ban?

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
LC not allowed in streams

Klas:

A10.52:
"...Low Crawl cannot be used to enter Marsh or a Water Obstacle, or in any stream unless dry..."

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Ok, but the statement was "NQ doesn't allow them to make a Low Crawl," which had me confused.