routing confussion

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
10.5 Routing

... a broken unit may not remain in the same open ground hex in LOS of a KEU.

Q: Is this the LOS of the MMC or any SW it is carrying. If an 81 mm mortar has a commanding positon of a open area does it - by value of its 3- 60 LOS range cause intendiction of all units not using low crawl?

In talking about ADJACENT ( to be able to advance into) this means that a DM unit in a 1st or 2nd level location may REMAIN ajacent ( small case) to a KEU and remove ? during the end of the forthcoming rally phase , right ?

10.51 Direction

After spending the first 2 paragraphs explaining that a broken unit cannot rout towards KEU it states " Otherwise a broken unt can rout towards a KEU"

Can anyone explian this truly mistifying statement ?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Oberst Balck said:
10.5 Routing

... a broken unit may not remain in the same open ground hex in LOS of a KEU.

Q: Is this the LOS of the MMC or any SW it is carrying. If an 81 mm mortar has a commanding positon of a open area does it - by value of its 3- 60 LOS range cause intendiction of all units not using low crawl?
Correct, if the 81 mm mortar does not need to change CA to hit that hex. Bear in mind that 5/8 counter guns/mortars have a CA as opposed to the 1/2 counter SW mortars, which do not.

Oberst Balck said:
In talking about ADJACENT ( to be able to advance into) this means that a DM unit in a 1st or 2nd level location may REMAIN ajacent ( small case) to a KEU and remove ? during the end of the forthcoming rally phase , right ?
Correct, I think. The classic situation is in a multi level building. You can be adjacent to a unit without being ADJACENT and you would lose DM and not be forced to rout. Indeed, you can be in the same hex at level 2 of a level 0 enemny unit and lose DM and not have to rout. Pay attention to just what hexes have stair wells. If there's no stairwell, you could be a level 1, they can be a level 0, and they're still not ADJACENT. Also, pay attention to encirclement as a unit with no access to the ground floor free of enemny units is upper level encircled.

Oberst Balck said:
10.51 Direction

After spending the first 2 paragraphs explaining that a broken unit cannot rout towards KEU it states " Otherwise a broken unt can rout towards a KEU"

Eh, you're on your own...I always need to take a long hard look at the good book on the intricacies of rout direction....

Jazz

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Oberst Balck said:
10.51 Direction

Hi,

Is there any particular reason that start three different titled threads with the same post, and in two different folders (both wrong - the correct would be the ASL Rules & Errata folder? :hmmm:

I already answered this Q in your first thread, but might as well repeat it here:

The first two paragraphs explains that the broken unit cannot rout towards a Known enemy unit, nor towards an enemy unit that has been Known during that broken unit's RtPh.

The quoted sentence tells us that the broken unit may rout towards all enemy units that are not (or has not been) Known to it, i.e. concealed or out of LOS.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes, it is a bit messy. If I'd have caught it earlier I could wrap them all into one thread but that might look confusing now. In any case, I'll move this thread in the Rules forum where it should have been all along.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ole Boe said:
Hi,

Is there any particular reason that start three different titled threads with the same post, and in two different folders (both wrong - the correct would be the ASL Rules & Errata folder? :hmmm:

Why were three threads started with exactly the same question, isn't one enough?