Routing and Surrendering in RtPh

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See attachment.

V18 has an enterable Cellar Location. May a broken unit in V18, ground level, low-crawl to W18?

A20.21 says "Any broken Infantry unit during the RtPh that is both ADJACENT to Known, Good Order, armed enemy Infantry/Cavalry and . . . only able to rout while being subject to Interdiction or resorting to Low Crawl (regardless of how it actually routs. . . ), will surrender instead. . . "

A brokie in V18 could rout to the cellar. It may ignore a building it's in at the start of the RtPh. Does this mean it may instead Low Crawl to W18 or V17?

[as a side note: how does one get this image to show up in the body of the message instead of having to attach it?]

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
alanp said:
[as a side note: how does one get this image to show up in the body of the message instead of having to attach it?]
I'll take the easy option and just speak to your side note!

To get an image to appear in the body of a message, you need to have uploaded the image to some webspace you may have access to on the web so that you can link to its location on the web. Otherwise, you'll have to attach it. I don't think there is any way to get an attached image to appear in the body of the message though.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What!?! No answer to my rules query? :cry:

Thanks for the other answer, though; I've seen them put in other's posts and think it's easier to answer a question with the image in front of you rather than switching views back and forth. Thought there might be a way to save a VASL image as something other than a .png and 'paste' that into the body of a post. . .

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A20.21 RtPh: Any broken lufantry unit during its RtPh that is both ADJACENT to Known, Good Order, armed enemy lnfantry/Cavalry and unable to rout away from it or only able to rout while being subject to lnterdiction or resorting to Low Crawl (regardless of how it actually routs or if the possible lnterdictor is Known to it), will surrender to that enemy unit as its prisoner instead, (captor's choice of unit receiving surrender if more than one unit qualifies) after fIrst abandoning all its SW.
Assuming that the unit in V18 is not German (!), the cellar move is permissible because it is not ADJACENT. <== Assumption as I do not have the HASL RB's scanned on my computer. Because the hypothetical unit does not have to LC or risk interdiction and has other rout options, he can always LC or risk interdiction, consequences be damned.